Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/23/2007

Yummy!!!


Ash just wanted to invite everyone to enjoy lunch with her today. This child loves to eat her baby food. Obviously her manners and etiquette have yet to be learned, but I am working on one skill at a time. At least she knew to come to the table with a matching bib and dress. Can you believe this child is almost 23lbs and is wearing a 2T? She is eating, absorbing nutrition, and growing! I have spent the morning packing up this little one's clothes to send to my sister in law who is expecting her very first princess to be born after those two rowdy boys. We can't wait to meet baby Katelyn!
Ashley received her monthly cytogam infusion this morning and I realized that she only has 3 more to go. Yeah for her. I find it unbelievable that we are approaching her Gotcha Day anniversary, her second birthday, and her transplant anniversary. Time is slipping by and I am determined to make each moment of it count.
Tomorrow we will go to Dallas for chemotherapy and hopefully we will arrive back home before midnight. Only six more weeks to go and then we will scan to see if her tumors have disappeared. I am so proud of her. She has been so sweet and so tough during all of this.
I hope you all are having a wonderful day and I pray you are blessed. Thanks for reading Ashley's story. Take Care. Trish

7 Comments:

At 2:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty princess! So glad she's doing so well and loving that food!

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger Woman Lost said...

So very sweet!

 
At 2:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying!

 
At 3:04 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

Did you have the meeting that you were talking about yesterday? If so how did it go? How did God show up and bless you...I just know He did! Still praying - Sunshine

 
At 10:37 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

What a sweet picture--I love that chubby baby! And her hair looks like it's growing back in really well. Such a beautiful princess she is!

I'll be praying for the next round of chemo to go well for Ashley.

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger Karen said...

Trish, what a sweet picture! I love it even more because my princess, Hannah, is wearing this exact dress today!!! Love and blessings, Karen

 
At 10:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is so good to see real food all over that child's face! looks like she dove in head first! maybe she got a little bit inside! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home