Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/21/2007

So Happy Together...


I LOVE this picture! It was snapped yesterday at the ballfield. Dave and Ash were laying on a blanket and looking at the clouds, the birds, and the trees. You could hear our Ashley squeel with delight each time her daddy would say, "Look...at...the...CLOUDS!" or "Look...at...the...TREES!" It was so much fun watching them play. You can almost hear them laughing together in this photo. It brings the biggest smile to my face and leaves one on my heart. We are so blessed to have been given this child. Each day we spend with her brings us more and more happiness. All I want is for our Ashley to be happy and to enjoy her life. When I see her laughing with her daddy then I know my prayers have been heard. She is happy and she is living. What a blessing she is to us! Thank you, thank you, thank you for praying for our sweet Ashley Kate. Each morning that we wake to another day with her in it I know that the Father is listening to those who cry out to Him on her behalf. You are such a part of His plan for her life.

Ash turned on her attitude this afternoon for her therapist. She went from our sweet, smiley baby to a grumpy, angry baby in a matter of minutes. She was in no mood to work today. The thing about her physical therapy is that depending on her attitude it can be fun or it can not be fun. Last week she was so sweet and worked with a smile on her face. Today she was not cooperating. Oh, she did her work, but she screamed and cried through the entire thing. She could turn it on or off depending on who was touching her and what position we had her in. As long as she got to do whatever she wanted she was happy. Just try making her roll over or lay on her tummy and WATCH OUT! Dave had to leave because he just wants to rescue her. The grandmas should have left because they were both so sad as they sat on the couch and listened to her cry. Ash kept looking at me wishing I would make Ms. Sue leave, but no such luck. When it comes to therapy somebody has to be the bad guy and today it was mommy. The minute the therapy ended she looked at me as if to say, "Ha! its over and I win." Little does she realize that time was up and she didn't win because on Friday we will be back at it. Someday she will thank me, but that day is not today. She just cuddled up on my lap and went to sleep so she could ignore what just took place. Silly girl.

I am on my way out the door to pick my Ceasar and my Allie. I can't wait to hear how the Olympic games went today. When we come in tonight I will share a picture of Blake in his costume. He was so excited when he woke up this morning and found it laying on the couch. Those late hours into the early morning were SO worth it to see the smile on his face. I hope he enjoyed it.

I pray that you all are having a blessed day. Thanks for checking on our pickle. Take care and God Bless. Trish

1 Comments:

At 8:26 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I love reading about how well she's doing, and the progress she's making in physical therapy! Hooray, Ashley!!

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home