Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/18/2007

Where do I turn?

Such sadness overwhelms me this afternoon as I am told of another of our precious friends who has been received into Heaven. How my heart began to ache as I shook my head and prayed that it wouldn't be true. Not this baby. Not this amazing child whom I grew to love so very much. How can this be? I have no answers. I have no words. I only have tears.

Can I just share with you how increbible his family is. They love this child as deeply as I love my Ashley. In the midst of our bad days they were nothing but an encouragement to me. They loved me, they prayed for me, they hugged me, and they shared with me. I have the utmost respect and admiration for these amazing parents. How my heart is aching for them. Please, please pray for my sweet friends as they wake up each day without their baby boy. I wish I could get to them to let them know how much I loved him and how much they mean to us.

When I am forced to say good bye to the tiniest of His creation I have no where else to turn but to Him. He is the giver of all good gifts and this child was a gift. A gift to his family, a gift to his nurses, a gift to his neighbors in the PICU and a gift to all of us who loved him. I don't understand. I don't know why our friends are slipping away from us. I don't have any type of explanation or any words of wisdom. All I do know is that the Father loves them and He is holding them for us.

To my sweet friends I want you to know that you are loved. You will never be forgotten. You are being lifted up to our Heavenly Father. My arms and my heart ache for you. May God comfort you during this time. I loved him dearly and so did my Ashley. Thank you for sharing him and his journey with us. We will forever be changed. Take care. Trish

4 Comments:

At 6:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the loss of this child you describe. Praying for peace for this family that can only come from HIM.

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Aunt Boo said...

Praying as well.

Amanda

 
At 1:17 AM , Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

I'm so sorry for your friends' loss. I'll offer up a prayer for them/

 
At 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

couldn't reply on your latest post but wanted to say that I prayed over Ashley picture. God is so faithful. I told God that she is yours, continue to touch her body. Cute kids!!! We are blessed Moms, I never imagined what this road called Motherhood would hold. What a special time, what a special gift....God hold the grieving parents in His arms and bring peace that we cannot understand...Heal and hold that mama's aching heart. We grieve for her and pray Your love will surround. Thinking of you all, COlleen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home