Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/18/2007

Thankful Tonight





I am thankful tonight for my sweet Ashley Kate. I am thankful tonight that she is here with us. I am thankful tonight for her life. I am thankful tonight for her special gift that came to her from another who paid such a price to give it. I am thankful tonight for those amazing cheeks. I am thankful tonight that I am surrounded by her laughter. I am thankful tonight to be her mommy. I am thankful tonight that God chose to give her to us. I am thankful tonight to be loved by her. I am thankful tonight to be the one to hold her. I am thankful tonight for each and every person all over the world who has cared enough to pray for this baby girl. I am thankful tonight for each moment that has her in it. I am thankful tonight for her story. I am thankful tonight for all she has taught me. I am thankful tonight that she continues to fight. I am thankful tonight for the good day she was given. I am thankful tonight.



I am thankful tonight for my beautiful Allison. I am thankful tonight to be this young ladies mom. I am thankful tonight for her precious smile. I am thankful tonight for that twinkle in her eye. I am thankful tonight for her bravery. I am thankful tonight that she wanted to wear that beard and mustache. I am thankful tonight she could stand before her class as Ponce De Leon. I am thankful tonight for all of the hard work she put into her speech. I am thankful tonight that I got to be here to see her give it. I am thankful tonight I got to hear her say, "Thanks Mom for my costume." I am thankful tonight for this child that I get to call mine. I am thankful tonight for her health, her heart, and her happiness. I am thankful tonight for who she is. I am thankful tonight that of all the Allison's in this world He chose this one for me. I am thankful tonight to feel her arms wrap around me and give me a squeeze. I am thankful tonight that she has grown and matured into such an amazing young girl. I am thankful tonight that she desires to know Jesus. I am thankful tonight to listen to her pray for those she loves, those she is burdened for, and those she has never even met. I am thankful tonight that she wanted that baby sister so much that she prayed faithfully. I am thankful tonight.


I am thankful tonight for my son. I am thankful tonight for who he is. I am thankful tonight that I get to be the one he calls mom. I am thankful for his passion, his drive, his determination, his purpose. I am thankful tonight for the big brother he chooses to be to his sisters. I am thankful tonight for his leadership. I am thankful tonight for his example. I am thankful tonight for his talents. I am thankful tonight for his friendship. I am thankful tonight he likes to hang out with us. I am thankful tonight for the joy he brings to our family. I am thankful tonight to be here to watch him pursue his dreams. I am thankful tonight I get to wash that uniform for him. I am thankful tonight for his health. I am thankful tonight that he loves the Lord. I am thankful tonight that he is thoughtful. I am thankful tonight that he is kind. I am thankful tonight that he is so cool. I am thankful tonight that he has a heart like his dad. I am thankful tonight that God allows me to parent this amazing kid. I am thankful tonight for his humility. I am thankful tonight to be loved by him. I am thankful tonight.