Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/22/2007

Show and Tell

Our Ashley's life is just that. Show and Tell. It's not about showing all we've done or telling others about how great the journey has been. It's not that at all. Ashley's life is all about showing the goodness of the Lord and telling of His wonderful works. Today we had that opportunity.

Since arriving home from Omaha Allie has been begging for one thing. "Please, come to my school and show Ashley to my friends." I had no idea if this would be a possibility. I continued to tell her it all depends on how Ash is feeling and how she is doing. Guess what? God heard Allie's cry and gave our Ashley one of the best weeks she had had in months. This morning I arranged with her teacher to make a guest appearance. At 8:40a.m. we put on our mask and hair bow and snuck into the kids school. It was such a brief appearance but one I was so pleased to make. These amazing children have prayed for our Ashley every single day of this school year. They have been a support system to Blake and Allison. They have learned how to "bare one another's burdens". They have touched our hearts so deeply with the faithfullness, the love, and the concern they have shown towards our baby. It was my pleasure to stand before their classrooms and tell them of God's miraculous works. I encouraged them to continue praying. Pray for others, pray for those you know and those you don't know, pray whenever your heart is burden for another because God is listening. He is hearing you and He is answering your prayers. The looks on their faces when I shared with them that they had become part of a miracle was absolutely priceless. I will never forget it! In Blake's classroom I watched as tears came into the eyes of these beautiful young girls who have grown to love our Ashley because they are Blake's friends. I was so touched by them.

The school that our children are so blessed to attend has gone above and beyond. They have picked up the pieces for our Blake and Allison as they struggled with the long days while Ash and I were away. The teachers have loved on my children. They have laughed with my children. They have cried with my children. They have encouraged my children, and they have taught my children so much more than math, or history, or literature. They have taught my children what it truly means to be a part of a family of believers. I will NEVER be able to repay these precious teachers and the precious families who attend this school. I trusted them with the hearts of my Blake and my Allison during one of the toughest times of their lives and they did a beautiful job with them. Thank you for loving our family.

Ash has been so sleepy today. I think it is just His way of preparing her body to receive another round of chemo therapy this week. I hate it that I have to take her back and put her through two more rounds, but I just try to stay encouraged as I pray that this is working. I pray that after 6 weeks they will tell us the tumors are gone and that she is in the clear. Only 2 more rounds. Then we will have another chapter in our Ashley's story to write and show and tell the world about His amazing grace and His amazing love for us all.

Thanks so much for checking on our Ashley today. We are on our way to the house to put in a few more hours of work. I will visit with you tonight. Take care and God bless. Trish

3 Comments:

At 4:35 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

We had a similar experience at my son's school (ETCS)in the fall. One of my best friends (who is part of our extended family since she is my sister's sister in law)had a baby at 24 weeks. He was less than 2 pounds. When he was 11 months old, they came to visit and we were able to take him to see my son's class, who had been praying for him for a year (most of the previous school year and the beginning of this one). It was so neat to see them actually see the miracle from their own prayers in front of them. I was so glad we were able to take him to visit. I'm sure Ashley's visit will have a huge impact on those kids. Seeing first hand the power of prayer at a young age is a powerful lesson. God bless you for taking her.

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger ohAmanda said...

Awesome!

I was driving around today and thought of Ashely...and prayed.

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I love to read how the Lord has provided for your family in this time. And I cont. to pray for you and your little Ashley.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home