Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/21/2007

Archives

In the early morning hours of today I spent some time reading the beginning of our Ashley's Journal. I realize that I was there living it and writing a good portion of it, but there was something that drew me to it. Reading through the entries brought tears to my eyes instantly as I remembered the early days of it when my Ashley was so tiny and fragile, and her future was so uncertain. As I continued on to the day that "the call" came and then into the days of transplant and operation after operation I was overcome by all that the Father brought her through. Obviously by reading my own words I could feel the pain and the fear that we lived, but I also could read past those things and I began to feel the underlying peace and rest that He gave to me. Many of those days were spent wondering what could His plan possibly be for our family and for our tiny little girl. Many of those days I felt surrounded by His arms, by His love, and by His people. Today I felt blessed. I felt encouraged and I felt His presence in her life. I am so glad Dave began this journal and convinced me to write the words that the Father laid on my heart.

As I came across the days that recorded the pain and loss of our precious friends my heart ached. As I came across the days that recorded the good news and events of our friends victories my heart danced. What a journey He has taken us on. Watching my Ashley tonight as she sits and plays I am so thankful that He walked us down this path. It has been the hardest thing we have ever done, but it has also been the most amazing thing we have ever experienced. God has been so very good to us. My Ashley has a very long way to go, but after reading all that He has brought us through I feel renewed and rejuvenated. This morning He reminded me that He is in control of her days, and He does have a plan. Its a beautiful plan.

Blake and Al are fast asleep while my Ashley plays on a pallet in the living room. Dave has gone to bed early, and I sit and remember all that we have been through and wonder what lies ahead. The children are finishing their school year and our home is getting closer and closer to being completed. We are looking forward to summer and all the fun that goes along with it. Most of all I am anticipating our days in our home surrounded by the wonderful chatter and chaos that comes along with raising 3 children. How wonderful it is to be their mom. I wouldn't want to be anything else. Again, I say that God has been good to us. He has given us more than we deserve, more than we asked for, and more than we could have ever dreamed. I am grateful.

Good night my precious friends. You will never know the impact your presence has made in my heart. You are loved and appreciated. Thank you for becoming a part of the archives of my Ashley's story. Take care and God Bless. Trish

4 Comments:

At 11:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, Thank you for letting us tag along on this incredible journey and for letting us be a part of Ashley's Story. It has been a heartwarming experience and we are blessed by it. I have laughed with you, cried with you and rejoiced with you all along the way and my day is not complete until I have checked in at least once a day and during a crisis situation I check in usually 3 times a day to know how/what to pray.
I am praying for a good trip to Dallas this week and I too can't wait to hear the word "REMISSION".
Thank you Father for the blessings of life that you give to each and every one of us. We praise You and give You the honor~~~

 
At 10:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing beats journals. In our case our little boy passed away on his 20th day, so journals, photographs & memories are what we have left to help us remember his journey. When I feel up to reading them, which isn't often. But I know they're there, and that comforts. In your case, you can see how far the Lord has brought your little one. God's decisions are always right and for the very best, and I am so glad Ashley is doing well! I hope she'll have a long and healthy life, serving Jesus.

 
At 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your being so willing to share your lives...your emotions...your up's & your down's.... has helped others in ways you may never realize. Some can relate due to their experiences with special children...with special needs...& others are inspired by your journey & your amazing FAITH. The problems they are facing fast fade away when they look at the strength you & your family show in the midst of HUGE struggles....life & death moments. God is using you. Our daily prayers are with you guys....even when I don't log on this blog.... much love in Christ...

 
At 3:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley,

We just wanted you to know we're thinking about you a lot today. You are ALMOST THROUGH with the yucky chemical stuff and then you can spend your summer playing with your Bubby and Allie and letting them show you how to do lots of neat stuff! We'd love to be able to see you, when you get strong enough. Love you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home