Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/28/2007

I'm no Cinderella...

... but if I had worked any longer my head WOULD have turned into a pumpkin! I have been scrubbing floors on my hands and knees all day long. I don't have any nails left and my fingers were actually bleeding. The good news is that half of the house is ready to live in and in two more days I think we will be sleeping there. I am so excited!

The real princess is having a yucky night. Her tremors are really bad and she began throwing up early this morning. She has not slept since Thursday and she is so tired. You would expect her to be grumpy and fussy, but true to her spirit she is full of joy. She smiles and giggles. She plays with her toys and entertains anyone who is near. She amazes me. I will be so glad when her chemotherapy is complete. As I watch her play, I try to imagine what she will be doing once she no longer has to take this medication. I think she is really going to surprise us with all she can do.

Even though we are exhausted from the push to get home this week, we are so blessed and thankful. As I hung the pictures back on our walls in the living room I had such a feeling of gratitude well up inside of me. I was thankful for everything! To see my favorite black and white portraits of the kids hanging all around me just made it seem like home again. I was even thankful to have those floors to scrub. The Lord knows how much I hate carpet and all the hidden germs inside of it, so He blessed me with a home that has hard wood floors. (You know I must be sleep deprived if I am thankful to be scrubbing floors!) As I helped Dave set the toilet in the kids bathroom I became thankful. I know it sounds ridiculous to be thankful for toilets, but when you have been without them for any period of time the sound of that tank filling up after flushing is a beautiful thing. The only rooms left to be detailed are the bedrooms. I am hoping to get mine and Dave's finished tomorrow complete with fresh sheets, and then I will do the girl's room and Blake's on Wednesday. By Thursday morning I should be packing our bags and moving from grandma's house to our house. Did I mention to you how excited I am?

I am so looking forward to taking Ash into her nursery. She has been away from her crib for 215 days. She used to love to lay in there and watch the butterfly on her ceiling fly around and listen to her princess lullabyes. It is her favorite room in the house and she loves to sit on her rug and play. I think we will spend our entire first day in her room just getting re-acquainted with all of her things.

I can hear her crying in the other room(her Blues Clues must be over) so I am going to go rock her for a little while. Thank you for praying for her today. It means the world to me to know that you are out there lifting her up before the Father. Thank you again. Good night and God Bless. Trish

6 Comments:

At 12:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are changing rooms. Switching kids around. Today we emptied out one bedroom, spackled, took down wallpaper border. Now that room is empty & the rest of the place is full of all that was in there. It will be a very busy week, but your current house job sounds much, much harder. I am so glad you have smiles to encourage you and that you can see your blessings. Praying that baby will soon be healthy and making up for lost time. Although not totally lost; as you so beautifully demonstrate, God's blessings do abound, even in hard times, when you are blessed with the eyes to see them.

 
At 10:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish....it is wonderful to hear that things are so close to your moving back in to your home. I am sure that it has been a tremendous blessing to have been able to stay with Dave's parents....although...being in your own home will be so wonderful.
The hard work will all pay off to be amongst your own things with your little angels. Praying for you guys....

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger ohAmanda said...

So glad you'll be back in your own place soon! I prayed for Ash this morning!

 
At 6:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, what a blessing to have been able to stay with your in-laws.

 
At 9:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear how close you all are to being back home! I love to hear about Ashley's sweet spirit! Praying it all comes together like a dream! ~Chan~

 
At 4:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been keeping up with you guys for awhile and while you sound like an absolutely spirit filled woman, the in-laws mentioned in this post must be Christ centered angel people. Not only are you blessed to have Ashley still with you and gaining ground, but you have one huge back up team! Maybe where dave gets his special touch with the Ash?
Good luck in your new home and keep the news about Ashley coming for us all. God bless you all.
USA

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home