Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

6/04/2007

Another Addition

This morning our Father in heaven blessed our family with another addition. My brother and his wife welcomed their third child into their arms. Her name is Katelyn Grace and she is the sweetest thing ever. How privileged I was to have the opportunity to pray for my amazing sister in law as she did her part to bring their first baby girl into the world. I laid in bed this morning next to my sweet Ashley Kate and prayed for this tiny life that was about to meet her amazing mommy and daddy and become surrounded by this group of people we are allowed to call our family. I know she will be loved beyond measure with the most unconditional of loves. Congratulations Chuck and Rae we are so happy for you!

As I prayed for my brother and his family this morning I became overwhelmed by the goodness of the Lord. Our family has been given so much. Between my siblings and I (there are 4 of us), we have a total of 13 precious, beautiful, amazing children. In addition to those 13 we have another nephew who is an absolute miracle himself that brings my parents total number of grand babies to 14. God has been so good to us! Can't you just hear the noise and picture the wonderful chaos that surrounds our Christmas'? All of the messes, mistakes, memories, and sounds of "mommy, mom, and momma" are precious to my heart.

Each of our children are created unique and different from each other, but the one thing that makes them so alike is that they, just as we, have been created in His image. I love that! Just knowing that the Father in heaven took the time to hand craft our children and to design them just exactly as He would have them is so amazing to me. They are not perfect, but they are perfectly designed to fulfill the purpose He has in store for each of their lives. What a difference they are going to make in this world!

My Ashley Kate's journey has been such a reminder to my family of the Father's plan for each of our children's lives. She was born so differently from the rest and came to us from years of yearning, searching, and praying. Her struggle and her strength has brought my siblings and I to our knees daily since her birth. It is an amazing feeling to know that my best friends in the world(my brother and my two sisters) and their spouses pray diligently and sincerely for Dave and I as we travel the path of Ashley's story along with her. I know that there has not been one day that they have not prayed for my baby. They have only seen her briefly in almost 2 years, but they love her deeply and they are seeking God's will in her life. I could never thank them enough for the diligence they show in their prayer lives for our family.

Ash had a rough start to her day, but it has ended beautifully. She is now sitting on our bed playing with that silly Easter basket and her plastic eggs that she refuses to allow me to put away. I am quite sure that it will accompany her on Christmas morning to the tree. She loves to bang those eggs together and will gladly pass on all other toys to have that silly basket. She is wearing her Texas Rangers onesie tonight in support of her boys as they face the Detroit Tigers tomorrow. Do you have any idea who plays for the Detroit Tigers? If you don't then you need to log on after midnight tomorrow so I can share with you the biggest, most thrilling, surprise of my son's life. I can't "let the cat out of the bag" just yet because he has NO idea what tomorrow holds for him. I promise you Dave and I will not be sleeping tonight! I so badly want to tell him, but I don't dare ruin the surprise. I can't wait to see the look on his face tomorrow!

Ash gets to spend the day on grandma's lap tomorrow enjoying her rocking chair. I told grandma she has been very clingy today and wants to be held and rocked all day. With a smile on her face she said, "Oh, I don't mind!" and I believe that she truly doesn't. I am praying they have an enjoyable visit while we make the drive over to Dallas to let one of Blake's biggest dreams come true. I wish she could go with us, but she still is not able to be around large groups of people. Ashley's visits from people outside her immediate family are restricted to her doctors, nurses, and therapists only. I think this is one reason she enjoys being outside so much. The whole world opens up to her once we walk out the door. She can safely breathe the outside air and we don't have to be too concerned about germs from others. I do believe that the day is coming very soon where she will be allowed to enter into places where others are too. Just another milestone we have marked and are working to get too.

Thanks so much for your patience in my postings. We do not have our computer hooked back up at the house just yet so I am struggling to slip away in the evenings to the office so that I can visit with you all about our little one. I really hope to get back to a more normal schedule once the house is all put back in order. I look forward to sharing with you each day what God is doing in our Ashley's life. Again I want to say how much I appreciate those of you who continue to come back over and over again. I know that if you are checking on her then you must still be praying for her and I am so grateful to have those prayers. What a part you are playing in her story! Good night and my you feel the blessings He has given fall all around you tonight. I will post when we make it in late tomorrow night. Take care. Trish

11 Comments:

At 9:37 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

Thank you for dilligently updating us...this blog is a daily stop for me - sometimes several daily stops :) When my husband gets home I sometimes tell him about Ashley...he has become so accustomed to that he doesn't even ask "Ashley who" anymore. Thank you for sharing your family with us - you all are precious. Sunshine

 
At 10:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish: I love following your posts; it makes me love on my kiddos more than you'll ever know. I checked the roster for the Tigers and I have an idea what the surprise might be - but don't worry, I wouldn't spoil a surprise for Blake on any day of the year. Travel safely to Dallas and may God continue to bless you and your family. - Pam Pope

 
At 11:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise on the new arrival to your family. We have a Katelyn Grace in our clan too. (= She is a teen now though. Glad you guys had a fun trip & Praise that Ash is doing better. Praying...

 
At 4:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree your family is truely blessed. Katelyn is beautiful as are all the other children in your family! I am so excited for Blake even though he doesn't even know to be excited yet! I hope that you guys make the best memory tomorrow! Praying for you all! ~Chandria~

 
At 5:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much for your continued efforts to keep us updated, Trish! This journal continues to be such a great blessing to me.
Praying always for Ashley and your entire family,
Erica

 
At 6:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I don't get the opportunity to drop a line as often as I would like, I just wanted to let you know that we check on Ashley and your family daily. We truly are blessed with the testimony you continue to share with the world and are excited with you at what the Lord is doing through this work. As a previous comment mentioned, I, too, update my husband and children with news of Ashley's going ons and she has become a big part of our lives and prayers. Thank you for continuing to share with truth and openness the love the Father is using by means of this wonderful journal. May God continue to bless you and your family! Tambi in WV

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger Alicia said...

It's so amazing how God brings complete strangers together in prayer and praise. I can't imagine a day without lifting your sweet family up, and it's an honor to be let into your lives.

Can't wait to hear about Blake's day!

 
At 9:51 AM , Blogger Paulette said...

Hey Trish,
I was gone for 3 weeks so I had been alittle behind but came and caught up. I love that your days are filled with Joy at Ashley's continued progress. I am also grateful that Happy joyful things are happening for Allie and Blake as well.
You all keep enjoying the wonderful life you have been given because you all deserve it!! I
Love your family

 
At 6:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I wish I could be there to see Blake's face. I am assuming that he isn't just watching his favorite player play. Am I right. Oh the suspense is getting me! I am so excited for him. TOO cool. I am just so excited for Blake. I am also so glad you all had a wonderful road trip to Arkansas. I love to go to the state parks there. I continue to pray for Ashley and your family. God has blessed me so much through your testimony. Ilove to drive past your street and think of you guys. Know I think of you and pray for you often!!!

 
At 10:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish,
Oh - I can't wait to hear about Blake's day.
We love the Rangers too at our house - Madison has a new cute pink Jersey. We're going Friday night - don't even know who they will be playing. We worry more about when they are home.
Let me know if you ever need tickets - I'll get y'all some!
Marlain

 
At 11:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad Blake gets to meet his hero or at least that is what it sounds like. Did his Graypa set that up? Who is Ali's heroette? Who does ashley seem to admire besides you AND HER DAD? I suppose my siblings were my heros if I had such a thing. Sounds like you have a wonderful family with lots of children that are so wonderful. You sound like a princess with a perfect family. you are blessed
Next trip you get to go on, come through MO and I will take you all out.
Annette

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home