Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/18/2007

Broken Again

Just when I start to think that we are managing and she is safe then I am brought back to this place of being broken again. As I type I listen to the cry of my youngest daughter that is filtering down the hall. She doesn't understand why she hurts. She doesn't get it and that breaks me. If only I could stand in her place and take all that she must endure. How I wish it were my body that was broken and hers was made whole.

Ash is very sick. Something has her and we don't know what. She continues to vomit and has gotten to the place that she is now vomiting mucous, bile, and blood. Her insides are raw from the heaving and wretching. She is losing more than double and almost triple her allowed amount of output in her ostomy. In a three hour period this afternoon she lost over 600ccs of stool. That is 3 times the amount she normally puts out in a 24 hour period. Her tummy is in a turmoil as it cramps continuosly. She is straining so hard with the cramps that she is actually having mucous come out of her rectum and her colon is not even attached. She is sick. Her little body has a rash that is spreading to different areas. At this point it is all over her back. Earlier it was her torso. Then her diaper area and legs. What is it? We don't know. She has only had 20ccs of urine out for the entire day and we were forced to tap her bladder to see if she were holding urine because of the pain. There was nothing there. Just a few ccs. We are pouring fluids into her and she has lost her IV. They are trying to restart one, but all I know is that she is screaming. I have lost count of the little holes that she has from all the labs that have been taken. We took an abdominal x-ray to make sure the bowel was not blocked or twisted. Praise God that it appeared to be normal. She has had fevers off and on throughout the day and she just feels so bad. As her mommy my heart feels as though it is being ripped into pieces and my pain is only emotional. My sweet Ashely's is far worse. Hers is real and I can do nothing to stop it. She is exhausted and weak and confused. Again I am broken.

My heart wants to cry out that all is unjust. She is innocent and has done nothing to deserve any of her struggles, but I know that would not be right. I would like to ask a million questions and I would like to be able to change all that she is dealt. He knows my heart and He hears the questions without me even speaking them. If it is for His glory then let it be, but it is not easy for her and it is not easy for us to watch. She is the sweetest baby and I want to give her happy days filled with fun and laughter and joy.

Tonight we hurt for her because she hurts. Tonight we cry because she cries. Tonight my heart breaks because her little body was born broken. Praying tomorrow will be better.

10 Comments:

At 11:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. - Romans 8:26

I am so sorry. Praying for healing for your beautiful baby, and for God's strength for all of you. I wish I could make it better; I am fervently appealing to the One who can.
Thank you for taking time to update us.

 
At 11:47 PM , Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

I'm praying for your family tonight.

You are not alone.

 
At 11:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for your family tonight! Take care!
Prayerfully,
Shari

 
At 11:58 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:05 AM , Blogger Paulette said...

Sorry Trish I had to delete my first comment there were a ton of errors in it.
I just wanted you to know you are not alone. I came by to check on Ashley and am so sorry she is so sick. You are right she doesnt deserve any of this she indeed is innocent.
I cannot wait to see the testimony God gives Ashley one day, I know it is definately hard to see it now. God is so proud of you for proclaiming him through this trial, I pray for Ashley that it is temporary indeed and the Lord will heal her little body through the night.
I know he promises he does not sleep nor does he slumber. I pray that both Ashley and you are asleep and resting in his strong arms tonight.
You are not alone.

 
At 12:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish & Ash,
I'm sorry you both are spending another night there in the hospital. I'm sorry you both hurt in different ways - one physical and one emotional. I pray that tonight all will be well and that a good night sleep comes for both of you! I also pray for wisdom for the doctors, nurses and a tired Mom who has to advocate for her baby.
Hope Ashley is back to riding on her bike and gait trainer very soon.
Marlain

 
At 12:54 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

I'm so sorry Trish, this must be terrifying and agonising for you. Continuing to pray for your family and especially your little Ashley...

 
At 8:04 AM , Blogger Sunshine said...

Going face down for you this morning. Sunshine

 
At 9:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

how precious is a mother's heart!! it is a gift from God...but at times...when we hurt so for our little ones it can seem a curse! i am praying for you guys...to have endurance...and peace....and for little ash to have some relief and rest from her pain....and a peace for her as well...the fear in her eyes ..i can imagine what that must look like..and i struggle with only the imagined version....YOU have to look INTO those precious fearful eyes. i pray now LORD that ashley can feel rest and peace in your arms as you hold as her heavenly Father! thank you Jesus that you never leave us or forsake us! thank you for the peace that only you can bring!

God bless in this time trish.
yes...you are NOT ALONE!

christy

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

I cannot imagine walking this road. Ashley and you and the rest of the family are in my prayers. God is with you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home