Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/04/2007

Resolving

I think that is a beautiful word! Yesterday's CT scan results are in and the word they used to describe the bowel was RESOLVING. That means it is getting better. Yeah, Ash!!!

There was absolutely no mention of surgery during rounds this morning and I wasn't about to bring it up. If we could avoid entering that sick bowel then we could potentially be home weeks to months sooner. I pray we do not have to go in there. They were thinking about scoping the bowel tomorrow, but changed their minds. We are going to wait until Monday to give her 3 more days to heal. I think that is a good idea. Overall I feel as though things are moving in the right direction.

I asked about feeding her. They laughed. Not going to happen anytime soon. They need to have clear biopsy results before beginning that phase. It doesn't hurt to ask. Her bowel continues stooling out and as long as it is doing that we can assume it is still very sick, but I am concentrating on the word RESOLVING. Anyway you say it sound pretty positive to me.

More good news? Ashley's kidneys kept up. She is required to put out 1ml per kilo per hour. She is producing 1.1! She made it and I am thrilled! Thank you for praying specifically for those kidneys.

I spent some time rocking this sweet baby this morning and we both eventually drifted off to sleep. I think we are feeling much better this afternoon. I even stretched one of her onesies to its absolute max and got it to go around her. The fact that it went over her belly tells us she is shrinking. Slowly, but still shrinking.

I just wanted to share the encouraging parts of our day with you and thank you once again for praying. I truly appreciate all the time you spend here with us. Take care and have a great day. Trish

By the way:

I want to say thanks to Brenda for stopping by and for all the goodies. You blessed me today and I really enjoyed meeting you.

M, the only laundry available is the one in the Lied and finding an unlocked door is always tricky. I sure wish they had a family laundry available.

I will try and post a couple of pics of our "home away from home" tonight.

23 Comments:

At 3:15 PM , Blogger KimberlyDi said...

Such fantastic news! She's healing! Wonderful news to end my day with.

 
At 3:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless you Brenda for being there and helping this family. We all would if were there! Thanks for representing all the kindness in the world!
Our prayers are coming, all day long every day. Thank you God for bringing comfort to one more day.
Smiling, Heidi

 
At 3:34 PM , Blogger cindy/barron said...

Hooray, Ashley keep up the good work. Thank you GOD for being so wonderful we know that without you by this little pickles side nothing would be possible. So my prayer is that things just keep getting better and better till Trish and Ashley can come home to there family. Trish you are such a great mom.

 
At 3:43 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

Oh what wonderful news! Ashley is one tough kid - and you are one tough mommy, Trish! It is so fantastic to see the power of the Lord working in Ashley's life.

 
At 3:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post just made me smile--how wonderful to hear that dear Ashley is improving! I know it must be so tough for your family to be separated for such a long time again...know that you all (and Ashley in particular) will continue to be in my prayers.
Thank you, Trish and Dave, for sharing both the good days and the bad ones with all of us here...the continued faithfulness and grace you show throughout your little girl's story has been such a blessing to me. Praying.

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Praise God! That is some good news! Will keep praying, of course! So glad you got a visitor. I'm sure that was quite welcome and was as much a blessing to her as to you.

 
At 3:59 PM , Blogger ange said...

Thanks for the update, I have been prayiing and looking for an update. Lord please keep holding them tight!!!
ange

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger Keri said...

I love reading this good news! I'm looking forward to more of the same in the days to come! :)

 
At 4:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!! I am thrilled as I read this today. Ashley is the strongest little girl(her mommy is amazingly strong also). (((hugs))) ~Chan~

 
At 4:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thrilled to hear the good news! She is healing! Prayers are being answered! Yay!

Still praying!

Shari

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger Julie said...

What great news. Bless you and little Ashley. You are such a great mommy, caring for your little one the way you do.

I will continue to pray for you both as well as your family at home hurting over not getting to be together.

Warmly,
Julie

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger Bondurant Teen Fellowship said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I am jumping out of my skin with joy over the news of Ashleys healing! We continue to lift you up and are looking forward to continuing reports of good news! What a MIGHTY God we serve!

 
At 5:26 PM , Blogger Holly said...

Praising God!! And continuing to pray for you , your family and especially Ashley...oh, and the doctors and nurses and food service people and the cleaning people...etc. There are always reasons to pray and praise!

Lord, heal Ashley...completely and restore, resolve and reconcile...in Your Hand, LORD. Amen.

 
At 6:03 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

Praise God! This is amazing news - Sunshine

 
At 6:24 PM , Blogger KM said...

We've had some t-storms where I live today. As I was driving earlier, I saw a rainbow. As I was raising my hand to say Thank you for His promise of the rainbow....I knew that rainbow was for Ashley.

I know none of us know His plans...but Ashley is His...and He has promised not to forsake her.

Kristi in Texas

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger Elizabeth S said...

I am thrilled to hear the good news! I will keep praying for more resolving, more healing on those kidneys, and rest for both of you. God is good!

 
At 7:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish,

It was so good to get to meet you today. I do think you need to tell the doctors to lay off the cute pills they have obviously prescribed for her. She's been overdosed! ;-)

Please do let me know if there is anything at all that I can do. Hopefully, you won't be there long enough to take me up on my offer! :)

Brenda

 
At 7:28 PM , Blogger Laurie in Ca. said...

This good news makes my day!! Yay kidneys working!! Forward and upward is a good way to go. Baby steps but such great steps for Ashley. She is such a little fighter, bless her heart. Praying for her bowel to continue healing and clearing up with minimal damage. And bless Brenda for bring some much needed outside light to your home away from home today. I wish we all lived close enough to be of help to you. I guess that's what praying is for and your family is being bathed and covered in it.
Sweet dreams tonight for you and "Miss Ashley the Princess Warrior."
Love and HOPE, Laurie in Ca.

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Hooray, hooray! I'm so glad to check on you tonight and see that you've had a better day. I can't wait until the only reason she's too big for her onesies is because she won't stop eating!! As always, I'm praying for you through each part of your days in the hospital. Good night, Trish, and God bless you!!

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger Given Grace said...

Praise God for answered prayers. What amazing news tonight. We will continue our prayers for healing, rest and for His perfect plan.

 
At 9:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankful for the positive progress with Ash. Your description of your home away from home....was cute. (= Praying...
Kiss the little pickle for us. What a testimony of God's goodness & answers to prayer. Hoping & praying for you to be home soon & reunited with all your children....they are lucky & blessed to have such wonderful parents & role models.

 
At 9:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

His mercy endures forever....what a wonderful report tonight. I pray that Dave made it home safely and had a productive day at work...but most of all a wonderful evening at home with Blake and Alli. What a blessing your family is to so many....what a priviledge it is for each one of us to lift Ashley up to the Lord in prayer. Thank you again for sharing your precious baby girls' story with us. Have a restful night. That it my prayer!

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger ohAmanda said...

Praise the Lord! Keep us updated so we can pray specifically every time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home