Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/04/2007

Romans 12:12


Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing...in prayer.


What beautiful words I stumbled upon tonight. I do find myself rejoicing in the hope of the progress I see she has made. I am so thankful the verse doesn't ask us to rejoice in the tribulation because I'm pretty sure I would struggle with that, but I am working on being patient during this time. Continuing in prayer. I truly desire to continue in prayer. Its a funny thing with me. Not all fancy words or heads bowed. More like an ongoing conversation with the Father that doesn't seem to have a beginning or an end. Even when things are going well in our lives I am striving to just continue on with Him in prayer.

Its been a long day, but a good day. I miss Dave so much more on the days that he leaves for home. There is just an empty feeling inside without him here with us. Thankfully the Lord sent friends by to keep me company. During our time in Omaha I made some really wonderful friends. Some were transplant families, some nurses, some families of the nurses, and others who just some how stumbled across Ashely's story and reached out to a tired mommy and her baby. How blessed I feel to know each of these. I know without a doubt that our days here were orchestrated and that we were led to this place. Why we are back now? I'm still searching for that, but I am open to the knowledge and possibility that He just isn't finished working in my life and that there are more relationships in store for me here in Nebraska. I'm trying to be willing to be used by Him.

Ash has fallen asleep and even though she wakes with that nasty cough periodically she is able to be soothed back to sleep. My hope is for a nice peaceful rest for both of us tonight. We are sooo tired. Her tummy albeit still quite large is getting softer by the day. Her bowel continues pouring fluids telling us that the infection and rejection continues to work its way through her system. She is putting out between 1500 and 1800 ccs of fluid. Her allowed amount in a 24 hour period is 400ccs. We have a long ways to go, but I am hopeful it will continue to heal and recover. The most beautiful thing that has happened to us today is the function of her kidneys. I am having the privilege of changing big heavy diapers weighing as much as 60mls. What an amazing difference. We were having 24hour periods with only 8-12mls of urine. So scary!

I did not get any pics posted tonight. I am just so very tired, but I promise I will do better sharing with you tomorrow. As always I appreciate each of you so much and I am honored to share our baby gherkin and her story with you. You have become such part of her story and our lives are forever changed because of walking this journey with you. I can't say thank you enough for all you do. I am going to go and lay down for awhile since Ash is resting. Good night my friends and may God bless you and your families. Trish

21 Comments:

At 10:34 PM , Blogger susan lewellen said...

I check on Ashley twice a day, once before I leave for school and again when I return home. I find myself praying as I teach for both of you.For some reason I find that there is a very quiet peace that God will carry you both through this difficult journey. Ashley is here on purpose and she will not leave until God wills it. I pray you will both sleep very well tonight!

 
At 10:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish ~ as I said in a previous post, when I heard you were heading back to Omaha, I felt God saying "everything will be alright". As I continue to read the changes that are happening in Ashley, I am reminded that God's promises never return void!!! What He promises He does. It is always encouraging to hear God's voice, and then watch it all unfold. You all continue to be in our prayers, and we are praying that this will all go quickly so you can be back home with Dave and the kids.

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Amy said...

So good to hear ~ praise God!

 
At 10:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that verse....& sweet Ashley Kate's picture. Hope the games went well for Blake & Allie. Hope Blake had a good 12th Birthday even under the circumstances. Prayerful next year you will all be together....& that you will again be home ....soon. In HIS will & HIS perfect timing.... Praying....
S.

 
At 10:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

May you and Ashley both have blessed sleep and rest tonight. Rest well knowing you are cradled in HIS arms and lifted by many in prayer. Lou Ann

 
At 10:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish--thank you so much for the updates. You both are in my thoughts and prayers throughout the whole day--always anxious to get home to check on you guys. You have an amazing husband and you are a wonderful mom. The news you shared today is wonderful and we will continue to ask for God's mercy and blessings! Ashley is such a blessing to everyone! I would love to be able to meet her and tell her how much she is cared and loved for...but you show her that everyday! Praying for some good rest tonight in your "bedroom." Mistie

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger Holly said...

Rest dear ones, greatly loved by God. Rest in Him tonight! May His peace steal over you both and fill your hearts with hope...May Jesus rise with Healing in His wings on Ashley's behalf.
Love in Him,
Holly

 
At 11:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for sweet rest for you and Ashley and everyone back home, and for God's continued powerful healing!

 
At 11:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray for a good night's rest for both you and little Ashley. That is the sweetest picture. ~Chan~

 
At 6:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying.

 
At 6:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a picture!! She looks so much better. All praise to God! I was wondering if there is anything that you both could use? How do you eat there? Also, I think it would be great if you had a way that we could give to you online. I would love to see a fund for your travel and so Dave could fly back or for whatever you need. I know I wouldn't want to do that either but its for Ashley! I know that all the prayer people know how much she loves her Daddy and how its helps her recover to see him. I also know how expensive it is to just stay somewhere unexpected. Hospital food and drinks are not cheap. You need to eat as healthy as possible to care for her :) Let us know! Colleen

 
At 6:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continued prayers. Thank you for the updates and kind words. It is we who are blessed with your sharing. Thank you. Thank God.
Heidi

 
At 7:20 AM , Blogger Dawn said...

Trish,
It is so amazing to hear how your little Ashley if fighting! Praising God for every ounce of fluid her body gets rid of!
d:)

 
At 7:26 AM , Blogger Elizabeth S said...

Still praying for those little kidneys. I am also praying that this road she is on is a quick one so you and Ash can get back to your family. But while you are seperated, I will continue to pray for your protection and safety for all of you. Bless you and your sweet family! You have strenghtened my faith.

 
At 7:53 AM , Blogger Laurie in Ca. said...

Ashley looks so peaceful and adorable in this picture. I wonder what she is thinking as she lays there waiting for restoration. I am praying for her peace of mind and little heart to feel secure and safe. Trish, you are such a great mom and I pray your days are filled with good friendships there, peaceful and loving thoughts from the Lord, and protection for your heart during this separation from the other half of your family, and for their hearts too. Continuing to pray for kidney restoration and for all infection to clear soon. Your family is on my heart and in my prayers all day long and over every doctor and nurses hands that touch her. I hope you are getting good rest throughout the day when you can and that last night was a good one for you.
Checking back soon,
Laurie in Ca.

 
At 7:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish***** I know you must be so tired but you have no way of knowing what your updates mean to all of us who are praying for precious Ashley, her blessed Mom, and all the rest of the family.
I can't count the times through the day that I just hit the "refresh" button on Ashley's page. I, like others, wish I could do more to take some of the load off. For now, I just keep lifting you and your family up to Jesus in prayer. I hope you and that baby got some rest last night.
Sharon in Texas

 
At 7:56 AM , Blogger cindy/barron said...

Trish just wanted to check on the 2 of you before we leave for the weekend. I will go nuts without a computer to check on the Gherkin. will check on her as soon as we get back. I to feel Gods amazing power on this sweet GHERKIN. Well have to get ready i pray for a good weekend for both of you. Love your sister in CHRIST CINDY

 
At 8:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture! Thanks for this update. I pray that you all got some rest last night.

We are praying for you all today! Can't wait to see more pictures.

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

Hope you did get a restful night. Glad things are showing some improvement. Will keep praying. Great verse by the way!

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Gretchen said...

Trish, I just want to say that you are one of the most beautiful people I've ever had the privilege to "meet". Jesus is all over you, my friend. As I read this post, the word that kept coming to me over and over was "beautiful". Isn't that ironic, in this horrific time for you and Ashley and your family, that God makes you so beautiful--and that you can see beauty, too? THanks for the verse, too.

Blessings. I'm praying. love, Gretchen

 
At 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God for the wet diapers. I am so thankful that her kidneys are functioning again. Again, we are thankful for the baby steps in the right direction. (Although...I think the wet diapers are much bigger than just baby steps!)

Praying for rest and continued healing. Praying for Dave, Blake and Allie. Thanking God for the people that have become a part of Ashley's story and especially the ones in Omaha. I am glad they are there for you and Ashley.

Love, Jule White

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home