Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/26/2008

Is anything too hard...

..for our God? I don't really think so. He can do anything. Can He open a lung? I believe He can. Can He do it overnight? Sure, He can. I'm trusting Him to work in her life, in her body, in her lungs this very night. What more does He ask of me than to trust Him?

Tonight will be a long night. I will be up with Ashley Kate every two hours. I'm really kind of looking forward to it. I know that may sound silly, but I will be "doing something" and that encourages me. I would much rather be awake giving breathing treatments, therapy, and meds than lying there awake in my bed wishing there was something I could do to help my baby. I am believing God is going to begin a good work in her tonight and I am thrilled He is allowing me to play a part in that work. Just to be allowed to stay here in this room with the peace and privacy it brings to me and Ash is a huge work that only He was able to orchestrate. I am so, so thankful and I pray we are able to remain here taking care of what needs to be taken care of.

So if your awake along with me tonight I want you to know our schedule so that you might know what to pray for at that time. It goes something like this:

10:00pm - Breathing treatment to help open up her lungs and break up the consolidation inside of it. Our hope is that she begins to cough after this treatment moving the junk and opening up the alveoli.

12:00am - CPT. This is a sort of therapy treatment for her lungs. It is a percussor that I place on the front side of her chest where her upper lobe would be and then it "shakes" and "vibrates" the heck out of her lung working to open it up. I do this for two minutes and then I move it to the back side for another two minutes.

2:ooam - Meds

4:00am - Another round of CPT

6:00am - Labs are drawn and meds are given.

8:00am- More CPT and then a treck across the hospital to x-ray to find out if all the hard work is paying off.

9:00am- More meds. Another breathing treatment.

10:00am- Physical therapy

12pm - CPT. Rounds made by the team and a decision given about whether we are allowed to continue here or if we are moved back to the pediatric floor.

The rest of the afternoon continues with something every 2 to 4 hours and then we start all over again tomorrow night.

So this is what Ash and I will be doing. If you are up, join me as I pray for the Father to do a good work in her lungs and if He chooses not to pray for my heart to accept whatever He has in store for us next. Thanks guys for continuing to comment. Your words have made a difficult day a whole lot better. Your time here is so appreciated and I treasure you encouragement and your prayers. I love you guys. Goodnight and God Bless. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home