Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/28/2008

Theory

In theory this is what the doctor thinks could be happening.

That whole chylo thorax issue that developed a couple of weeks ago could be the cause of this fluid production and accumulation. This mornings x-ray showed that fluid is collecting in the right lungs plural spaces again. At this time we are not placing a tube, but it is a very real possibility that we could be soon. We are sending the fluid out to lab to check the triglyceride levels again. If they have remained high despite the change to a non fat formula then she will be taken off of feeds and placed on full TPN.

The plan is to take Ash to the OR between 3 and 5 today whenever there is an opening to have her line replaced.

She is fussy and uncomfortable today, but has finally drifted off to sleep and my hope is that she will rest throughout the afternoon.

Our stay in the PICU could last 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months or anytime in between. The road is rough and unpredictable. Good days can turn bad very quickly, but bad can turn good just as easily. Again, I will say that the joy and happiness our Ashley Kate experiences on the good days far outweighs any of the bad. She is an amazing little person who melts our hearts and fills our home with incredible blessings. We love her and there is nothing we would not do for this child. Her life is precious. Not only to us but also to the Father who gave it to her.

I have so much on my heart that I want to share, but at this time I think I am going to rest for a while since she is resting. I am tired. Physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Rest would be good for my soul. Please let me say thank you to Priscilla. Your gift to me was so thoughtful and I am truly grateful for your kindness. To Kathleen I wanted to say thank you for the gift you sent to Ash. She loves to rub the little tags again and again with her hands. Fonda, your package was such a blessing. Thank you for remembering me and for making the air travel easier for me. The distraction was a blessing. Your letter was beautiful and encouraging as was the music. So many of you have such kind hearts towards us and the ways you choose to show them humble me. Thank you so much for your prayers, your encouragements and your thoughtfulness towards our family. You are a blessing to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home