Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/18/2008

Her and I

Tonight its just me and Ash. Its kind of like a trial run of sorts. Blake's been gone to a back to school retreat since first thing this morning and Dave and Al are at the meet the teacher event at the school. Classes start on Wednesday morning so Ash and I are practicing tonight. Let me tell you its REALLY quiet. TOO quiet for us. We've eaten dinner(she's eaten over 300 calories a day for the last 3. YEAH!) Put on our jammies. Played puzzles. Scooted around the floor. Watched a couple of Blue's episodes. Read a Dr. Suess or two and now we are...? Really bored. When are they coming home? I have no idea how we are going to do this every day for 8 hours a day for the next 9 MONTHS! We've been home now for 5 months and we have loved every single minute of it. Of course we especially loved the days of summer when the house was buzzing with the kids and their friends, but now its going to be up to the two of us to keep ourselves entertained.

This week officially began our busy season. Our family is going to be running here and there and everywhere each and every day. Although I hate having the kids gone for so many hours a day, I love the time of year when their activities get back into full swing.

Ash is on the verge of a major breakthrough. She is half-way crawling around the family room floor. I turn around for just a moment and find her in a completely different place than where I had left her. Its about the most exciting thing we have ever seen(and we have seen some really exciting things!) She has learned how to crawl with her hands but hasn't quite figured out how to move her legs along with them. Last week Dave and Ms. Sue worked on her cross crawl patterns and the top half just clicked with her. I'm hoping that after this weeks therapy the bottom half with click along with the top. I just can't wait until I have to chase this child!

The door just opened and the silence is over. Yeah us! Not its time to go catch up with the kids and get all the details. By the way, Dave scooped Ash up out of her crib(again)and now they are hanging out in our bed. Just a little FYI.

Good night. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home