Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/14/2008

Still a Miracle

Her daddy just leaned over and kissed her on the cheek, touched the top of her head and said, "Its still a miracle. A miracle to see her here, sitting in our floor, watching her play, and loving Blue."

Funny to here him say those words. The exact same words I found myself thinking this afternoon as I sat quietly on the couch and just watched her move around the room. "Still a miracle" is what I thought to myself. She was in her own world, unaware that I was even in the room, doing her own thing. She a had toy lipstick tube in her hand. She would throw it across the floor and then scoot, push, and lean as far as she could to pick it up so she could throw it again. She would repeat her actions, scooting, pushing, and leaning until she had made it close enough to pick it up again and then throw it even farther. I love to watch her. It makes my heart so very happy to see her "figure" life out without any help from me. Every day she pushes her little self farther and farther and it is still a miracle. 3 years later its still a miracle.

Its been a slow, relaxing weekend. Not much happening. Not much on our to do lists.

Ashley's GI appointment went well. We're not going to doing anything at this time about her bloody stools. We have opted to just keep an eye on them and see if they improve. The least invasive we can be the better. She has grown so much this summer. She is 35" long and weighs about 30 pounds. He doesn't want to see for 6 months unless there is a problem. I love that! When they say not to come back for 6 months then things are going well.

Her schedule is lighter this week. Therapy on Wednesday and riding on Friday. Outside of attending Blake and Al's games and practices we should just sit tight and not do too much of anything except the norm. Its going to be a good week.

I hope your all well. I hope my fellow Texans have survived the storm with little damage, and I hope to talk to you all soon. Goodnight and God bless. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home