Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/12/2008

Infection or Rejection....

....that is the question that we ask now and I believe we will be asking the rest of our lives with this little pickle. I got a call from Omaha and it certainly went better than I thought it would. Basically we need to have a few more tests to determine what is going on. They said the bowel is ulcerated and inflamed and it could be infection not rejection. They don't want to start treating for rejection because if it is infection the tx could make it worse. So they would like another scope/biopsy, full stool cultures, 24 hour urine sample and to test the blood for CMV. I asked where and they were fine with us waiting until Monday and doing it in Shreveport. So all in all the phone call went pretty well, we still don't have answers, but at least we have a plan. On a side note I had already booked a flight to bring me home on Monday morning and when I called the airline they said it was fully refundable and gave me all the $ back. That was a blessing.

DAVE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home