Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/16/2008

A little bit of Magic...

...for our princess.

Ash and I spent the day in decorating mode. It was so healing to my heart to have the opportunity to create some sort of Christmas magic for her. She actually slept while I was hanging the ornaments that you see in this first picture. I attached them to the ceiling right above her rug so that while she plays they hang above her. I tried to capture a picture of her as she stared up at them this evening, but was unsuccessful. It was so sweet to see her enjoy them.



This is how her tree turned out. I used the ribbon that our lead nurse brought to us this morning and the pack of scrapbook paper I found in my suitcase. Poof! This is what happened when we mixed the two together. It is actually very, very sweet, and I think we love it.



The paper pack had printed words on some of the papers so I cut them down and hung them on strings to make ornaments. This is one of my favorites because it is one of Ashley Kate's favorite things to do.



I cut out the letters and glued them together to fashion ornaments. Noel, Jesus, Joy. Things like that. Only the Father knew that I would be needing that scrapbook pack that was left inside that pocket by accident. I think thats what I love most about this tree. The day I bought these supplies I had no idea I would be using them to make Christmas magic for Ash. He did. Just another one of those provisions He has given to us. The colors aren't really Christmas like but they are definitely "Ashley" like.




This is a close up of one of the ornaments and ribbon that hang from our ceiling. The minute the nurse walked in with them I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. It is truly magical to lay underneath them and watch them twinkle. I am so, so grateful.




What a blessing to have such sweet, sweet nurses. They knew our hearts were broken and that we were missing our Christmas tree and so they went out of their way to bring us a tree and supplies. I am truly touched by their kindness.

So tonight Ash and I sit here in our room on the 6th floor in Omaha, Nebraska. Once again it is Christmas time and we have no idea if we will be allowed to go home to celebrate or not. I read through my journal from the last two Decembers and the tears flowed. God has really done some amazing things and I decided to leave room for Him to work again. Its not impossible for Him to make this happen for us.

We are happy and in our little room with its Christmas decorations tonight. It smells delicious(thanks to one of our nurses who picked up our favorite scent for us to enjoy). It is quiet and peaceful as the lights glow on our tree and the music plays. I am going to rock our baby pickle to sleep and face tomorrow when it comes. For tonight we are enjoying the fruits of our labor.

Thank you for your prayers for Ash and for our family. I can feel them and I love you for caring so very much about us. Have a good night. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home