Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/19/2009

A great kid

He really is. If you don't know him, I really wish you could. He's just a great kid. I don't say that because he's mine. It has nothing to do with me. Its just who he is. God created an amazing person the day He created Blake. I kid you not. I appreciate my son for many, many reasons, but mostly just because of who he is.

He spent his afternoon and evening tending to his sisters. I watched him give selflessly, help whole heartedly, and feel great empathy for what the two of them are going through. He's always been this way. When they hurt he does all he can to try and make things better for them. Its a million little things. Bringing them drinks before they can ask, checking on them to see if there is anything he can do for them, playing games with them, reading books to them, etc., etc. the list goes on and on. I love this child. I love him so much.

Tonight as I tucked him into bed I shared with him how very much I appreciate him. Who he is. The big brother he is. I told him what an amazing person I believe he is and how blessed we are to have him. He's not only our son, he's our friend. That is such a blessing.

Blake is the whole package. He really is. Athletic, intelligent, kind hearted, good looking, humble, thoughtful, funny, dedicated, loyal, driven. I could talk about his many strengths for days. When I look at him I see his dad. Their cut from the same cloth. So much alike.

Today I had the opportunity to appreciate him for who he is and all that he does. What a gift he is to our family. What a blessing he is to his sisters. What a blessing he is to me. I love him. So very, very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home