Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/19/2009

It only gets better...

...why do I keep this blog? Well, other than the fact that your prayers have played a huge role in our tiny pickles life and I've grown kind of attached to most of you its because it always helps to know that somewhere in this world somebody else's life has more nonsense in it than yours. Its all about perspective here. So...

...I heard a car outside in our drive way about an hour ago and since I had warned you guys that this was going to be our "ugly" day of not answering the door I couldn't imagine who it would be. Then the door opened and the first person who walked through the door was someone I didn't recognize. Hmmmm. Then followed Blake and Grandma leaving me to assume that the person who was now crumpled up on my lap of freshly folded blankets and hiding under a towel would be none other than my beautiful Allison Brooke. COVERED IN POISON IVY! ON HER FACE! PRIMARILY HER EYES!

Oh my goodness!!! Her face is not recognizable. Her eyes have swollen to heights that I thought for sure only Ashley Kates could achieve. I kid you not, I could not make this stuff up. (She allowed me to take pictures but I had to swear not to show ANYONE and that includes all of you).

So just in case you were wondering, poison ivy is never dormant. Even if the vine has no leaves or foilage and even if it is shriveled up and camouflaged in the same shade as the tree trunk it has woven itself around. Its still very active and very much alive. Yep. It is. One of our Allie's many talents is tree climbing and it finally got the best of her. So as I type she is crying her swollen eyes out in there on her bed and wondering if her face will ever return and if the itching will ever stop. She is announcing that she will never be returning to school. We just read that she could look this way for up to 3 weeks( Just wait till the blisters show up. I don't have the heart to tell her just yet). Thats 21 days that she has vowed not to return to class(unless her face returns). Wonder how were gonna pull this one off?

I really do love my life. Its kind of fun and exciting and seldom ever boring. On top of all that I now have two daughters who possess the talent of morphing into creatures that you've never ever imagined. Now thats impressive!

Hope your day is going a little better than ours. I'm burning a few calories running from room to room and Al just asked me if I could pick her up a bell from the store. Honestly, I don't make this stuff up! Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home