Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/10/2009

Two Words

Apple. Tree.

See it in her coloring book? She did, and then she signed "apple tree". Amazing!
She is so, so smart and each day she blows me away by the things she "says". How I wish she had a voice, but I'm so very thankful she has her hands. They have opened up the world of communication to her and it may be slow going as she learns, but she's learning and "speaking" more and more each day. We are currently looking for help to teach her more effectively. If she has to depend on me then she'll be hurting because it takes me forever to use signs together to make a sentence. Honestly, its like speaking a foreign language and my brain is not communicating the sign to my hand as quickly as I need it to.

I've got lots to say and lots to share, but finding the time to do so is currently proving to be frustrating. Blake and Allie's schedules are going full force and add to that Ash and her appointment, evals, therapy, etc. and I'm out of time and exhausted at the end of each day. Happy, but tired.

I'm hoping to finish a post or two tonight or tomorrow. Until then, I just wanted to say hi and let you know that she is now signing two words consecutively. I'm just so proud!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home