Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/22/2009

Brown Bear

It was his all time favorite as a child. I've heard the story repeated time and time again how he requested it night after night during his childhood. So...we bought a copy for Blake when he was born. It never really became a favorite. Then Allison Brooke? Still not a hit. But now? With Ashley Kate he has found his soul mate or a kindred spirit so to speak. She loves it as much as he did(and probably still does). So tonight as I walked into our room guess what I found sitting in the corner in "their" chair? The two of them with her well worn copy of Brown Bear, Brown Bear.

So I sat on the edge of the bed and just listened. To his words and hers. Oh, I know she doesn't speak, but she has a language and as he read the words to her she hummed right along with the sing song pattern of the story. The twinkle in her eye was there and I think I saw it in his too. What is it about this silly little book that brought such peace to my soul tonight? I suppose its not really the book, but the two snuggled up together behind it. That's what it was. Her daddy and his little girl reading the story. The image of the two of them sitting here tonight is something I never want to forget. I can't keep from staring at the two of them even now as I type. Their beautiful brown eyes are sleepy and tired, their dark brown hair is messy after a long day , their olive skin tones match perfectly and I can't help but smile knowing that God brought them together. Not a match made in heaven but definitely a match sent from heaven.

So Brown Bear, brown bear what do you see? I see her mommy and his wife looking at me. Life is good and we are so very blessed. Goodnight my friends. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home