Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/18/2009

I am loving...

...our new home!

Its beginning to feel comfortable, like we belong here, know what I mean?

Its unusually chilly in Texas this week and its making us all smile. A fire is glowing in the fire place, stockings are already hung, yummy candles flickering, Christmas gifts needing wrapped, carols playing, and a happy baby girl(who's not so much a baby anymore) in her room and not a h________ room(dare I even say it out loud?) All of this and more makes this place feel like home.

Life is blessed. We have settled in and the holidays are all around us making this home feel like ours and our hearts feeling blessed to have it. Lights go up on the outside Friday and the wreath on the front door. I'm just so happy!

I'm taking a few minutes this morning to sit still, reflect on how good God has been to us, and enjoy the peaceful feeling that fills our family room at this moment. I'm out the door in just a little while to serve lunch at the school, coach P.E., coach a 2 hour basketball practice, then pick up Blake and his friends, take them to dinner, drop them off at youth group, and then jot into the sporting goods store for new basketball shoes for the kids, and then I'll make it back home around 8 or so to find my place next to Dave on the couch and settle in for the night. In between all of that Ash has PT this morning and I've got to pick up lunch for Allie. Its going to be a long, busy day and I'll have trouble walking after spending 3 hours running up and down the court with all my girls, but I like it this way.

So from my house in Texas let me just wish you a blessed day filled with all the things you love and hold dear to your heart. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home