Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/16/2010

Hospital Time

Ash is still lying in her room, in the bed, without a line. We are working on hospital time. No word about when we are actually going down. Last night we were assured it would be 6am. My nerves are shot, my stomach in upset, I'm so nauseated. I just want this over with and I wanted her down there before the morning shift arrived. I don't want Ash to be stuck for labs this morning when they can do it once she is asleep for line placement. I don't want her moved around for x-ray while she is uncomfortable and miserable. Our nurse is in total agreement and sent everyone away before I even mentioned it. But...now the day shift is here and none of that has been done and who knows how long we can fight them off. If they had seen all she went through last night they would be on board with our plan. They need to get her down there and get this done.

Two of my closest friends in Omaha are here. One of them stayed up all night long standing next to Ash's bed while I slept in the recliner. She still has yet to close her eyes. The other got up at 4am, secured a sitter for her own babies and is here with us now. I'm not alone. They are amazing and selfless and such a blessing in my life. Such a blessing.

Your prayers for us today are so appreciated. I will update once something happens. Our hope is for a tunneled femoral broviac. That is exactly what we hope for. A hepatic line is acceptable, but its not what we want. Its our last resort, only acceptable if its all we have left. Its a dangerous solution to where we currently are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home