Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/13/2010

I want to write

...about good, happy, pleasant things. Its my desire. So I'm going to look outside of this room for a moment and share with you.

Dave and Blake are hanging out today. Just being guys. That makes me smile. The fact that our son wants to hang with his dad. I love those guys so very much. Cut from the same cloth. The kindest hearts you've ever come across. A love for life and having fun. Always a smile just waiting to be shared. They are positive, upbeat, fun loving guys and I miss them so much. They plan on catching a movie and then golfing for the afternoon. Those are happy, pleasant things. It makes me smile.

Allie is in Houston on a girls weekend with some friends. They went school shopping. Hanging out at the hotel, dinners out, eyebrow waxes, new make up, and new clothes. In Al's world it doesn't get any better. That girl loves to shop! I'm smiling as I receive her texts today. She's having fun and that makes my heart happy. I really wish I was with them, but I'm not and so today I'm grateful for a good friend who thought about my girl being home without her mom days before her first day of Junior High School and chose to include her on her weekend trip. It sure blesses my heart. Love you guys=)

There's not really anything good, happy, or pleasant about today in our piece of the world here in Omaha...so I'll close this post quickly. We've already been down for a CT scan and are currently waiting her turn in IR. I'll let you know how things went later on tonight. I could talk about her liver disease, but its not a happy process so I'm going to stop now. Just know that daily her disease is progressing further and further and we are only 2 weeks out from ex-plant. Its a very scary thing to watch.

Guess I'll sit back and close my eyes for a moment or two. We had a very, very long and sleepless night. Talk to you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home