Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/30/2011

Burdens

Living in a world where tiny girls get sick and their mommies are left wondering what to do, where to turn, and how to get them back home can be hard. Some day are harder than others. There are days full of smiles and lots of giggles and there are days full of booboos and lots of owies. Its hard to not carry the burden of our community on your heart. You meet, fall in love with, and follow the daily ups and downs of their stories and before you know it they have captivated a part of your heart.

My heart is heavy with the weight of the struggle. Our struggle, our dear friends struggle, and the struggle of transplant period. My thoughts are with my friends tonight. I wait for word of their status just as the rest of their readers do but yet my wait feels a little different than most that follow their stories. I've actually stood in the same places, slept in the same chairs, and boarded the same life flights with my own tiny girl and I know the weariness of the journey and the ache of a mommy's heart.

To my dear friends, as you stand by the hospital beds of your tiny girls last night, tonight and every night in the future please know that I am with you in thought, in prayer, and your most precious gifts are in my heart as well. I love you both dearly and I love your little girls so very much. I hope you can feel a tiny piece of your heavy, heavy burden lifted as those of us across the country lift you up to our Father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home