Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/02/2011

Time of the Year

In case I've forgotten to mention this is my absolute FAVORITE time of the entire year. I love EVERYTHING about the holiday season. There is no stress found here in our home when it come to Christmas. Only peace. I just enjoy every single minute of it that I possibly can.

The lights on the tree, the smell of delicious candles burning, wrapping gifts, and listening to holiday classics make me so, so ,so happy! Ash and I spend the day wrapping and placing gifts around the tree and surprising the older kids with new ones while they are away at school. Its just SO fun around here.

Ashley Kate still has no concept that Dec. 25th is different than any other day of the year. I don't know if she will ever understand the passing of time, days of the week, months of the year, or holidays, but it really doesn't matter because every single day is a celebration to her. The joy and excitement don't come a few days a year in her world. She experiences them every single day. Oh to live a life like my sweet Ashley. She loves life. Its all so exciting to her. I absolutely love watching her eyes light up each morning as she "tells" me to plug in the trees or watching her react with such surprise each day as we walk into the play room under a covering of snowflakes that hang from the ceiling. Every day she acts as though I've just hung them up to surprise her, but they have been there for weeks! Its so funny. She is just joy. Absolute joy! I love her sooooooo much.

Thank you so very much for praying for Blake this week. He went back to school yesterday. He is healing. Still in pain from the infection, but its a bearable pain. I'm so thankful to see him smile again. To watch him function normally again. He's doing really, really well and I hope this never happens to him again. It was miserable! I had to laugh when he told me his friends were showing the pictures to some of his teachers to gross them out. I can't believe he sent them to them! I guess thats just being 16 and a guy. I think its crazy that this all started during a wrestling match with his cousins. One little scratch in some dry skin and his entire arm looked as though it was going to melt away. I'm truly thankful we are in a better place then we were earlier this week.

I hope your enjoying your holiday season. Its simply the most wonderful time of the year. May God bless you and your families today. Love yall. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home