Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/17/2012

All Agreed

Yesterday we all agreed that we think Ashley Kate began to feel better.  She just seemed happier and more comfortable.  I can't say for sure that we are winning this battle, but she laughed more than she fussed, had more energy than I have seen for a couple of weeks, and overall just looked better.

She's pretty tough when it comes to not feeling well so its hard to judge accurately how good she is feeling, but at the end of the day it just felt like a good one.  A better one than the previous 14 or 15.  I'm grateful for that.  Really grateful.

We are  hoping for today to be even better.  We all need a little rest.  The interrupted sleep schedule and 4 am med is keeping me exhausted.  I believe we will be taking naps here today.  We have 8 more days on this schedule and then we hope to have clear blood cultures allowing us to get back to a normal pattern of sleep.

As the school year winds down and our summer tournament schedule winds up I feel the need to catch up on my sleep.  We will be on the road for the next 11 weekends and then we have a birthday to come home and celebrate.  It seems so surreal that we are compiling lists of colleges, sending emails to college baseball coaches  and playing showcase tournaments all summer long.  Where did the time go?

In one short summer I'll have TWO in high school!  I find that sooooo unbelievable as well as very exciting:)

Hope you day is blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home