Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/27/2012

Update

The cath flow worked.  I am able to draw and infuse.  Many hours later, we have flow.  The line is still broken.  It has to be repaired, but we have not lost all function.  I don't know how, but its working.  Barely working, but working.

Even as I fall apart in the face of such difficult circumstances, my mind is flooded with how blessed we are.

The break is far enough down the catheter and away from the chest wall that it can be repaired.  It broke below the area where it becomes a single catheter not allowing the second lumen to be compromised.  Although I am home alone, I know that we are ok.  She is ok.  We do not need to rush to the ER, no ambulance or plane necessary(we did discuss the very real possibility if I could not restore flow without a total split).  The wall of the catheter is secure at this time as long as I am not infusing into it.  I am confident that Dave is equipped to make the repair.  I've seen him do it before.  I am not, but he is.  Blake and Allie were not here to witness the events.  I am so thankful for that!  I believe everything to this point has been done safely and with sterile procedure.  I am not yet worried about her line being infected.  I think she's safe.   The repair is a different story entirely.  We will be VERY blessed if we can come out of it without an infected  central line.

We can't use the lumen until its repaired, but we have another lumen to use.  Praise God for that!  She will safely be connected to her TPN tonight.

Ash is home.  She is happy.  She is unaware of any incident.  I am so blessed that God in what I believe is His mercy in her life and ours has protected her mind from understanding so much of what takes place in her life.  I couldn't bare the thought of her being afraid with every single incident.  He knows what He is doing.  I trust that He does. I don't always understand, but I know I can trust Him.

So tonight my heart beats a little faster and my burden is a little heavier with fear of what will happen, but I'm blessed because of these and so many other things in her life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home