Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/28/2012

Encouraging Hurting Hearts

Not sure if any of you are like me in any way, but when my kids hurt...I hurt.  If someone hurts one of mine I'm ready to pounce, right their world again, and protect like you've never seen.  Unfortunately...I'm supposed to be an adult.  Its not really allowed in the adult world.  Confronting snotty, hateful, unkind, bratty, bullying,  and just plain old mean kids is  not what we are allowed to do.  So instead...

I sit across from one of mine late into the night and listen to the words that come and ache with every tear that falls.

I encourage to the best of my ability and try to make mine understand that in this world, even though it may not always feel like this is true,  "if God be for us then who can stand against us?"

I gently remind that we are to be gracious.  Even to those who seem so undeserving of forgiveness and grace we are instructed to forgive 70 times 7.

I suggest turning the other cheek.  Although its still stinging from the injustice, turn it anyway and offer it up.

Eternity is forever...today is so temporary.  A vapor.  It will not last.  Concentrate on the forever and forget the temporary trial.

Pray for those who hurt you.  Those who behave as an enemy...take them to the Lord in prayer.

As you talk to the Father be honest.  He knows your heart is breaking.  He was there.  He knows what the real story is.  He knows the truth.  You answer only to him.  Remember that.  Pleasing His heart is the goal.  Be mindful of how very much He loves you.

To be brutally honest...I say these words to my child more to remind myself what is the right thing to do.  I need the reminder so that I do not take matters into my own hands.  I need to remember to turn this over to  the Lord and allow him to work in this situation.  I will say that praying for someone who injures the heart of your child is one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Sweet girl,

I know it hurts today. I know your unsure of who is friend and who is enemy.  I know your heart was broken.  I'm praying for you today.  I'm on your side.  Know that I've got your back.  You are loved.  You are priceless.  You are precious to the Creator.

 I love you, Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home