Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/29/2006

Rejection

When we arrived I was under the impression that one of the biggest hurdles in this process would be Ashley's body rejecting the new organs. I have been surprised by what I have learned. I expected that if rejection were to occur, it would happen or show signs of happening in the first few days after surgery. I thought the longer out of surgery, the better. However, I have learned that the opposite is true. Acute organ rejection is actually very rare and rejection is more likely to occur further out from surgery. I know that God has brought our Gherkin this far and I place my trust in him that Ash will not have to face an episode of rejection. Please be with us in prayer that Ashley's body will happily accept the new organs and rejection will not be an issue for her.

As I go to sleep tonight I will be praying for the family of our donor organs. I pray that one day you will be able to know Ashley's Story and what an important part it you were. I am so sorry for your loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home