Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/25/2006

Ashley's Surgeries

Someone had asked how many surgeries Ashley has had so I made a list.

  1. Necrotising Enterocolitis - removal of 40 cm of small intestine
  2. Reanastomis - re-connecting the small bowel to the large bowel
  3. Strabismus- eye surgery
  4. G-tube Endoscpically - (feeding tube into stomach) this was the easy way to do it, but it didn't work
  5. G-tube Surgically - it worked this time but created a bigger boo boo
  6. G-J tube - this tube goes past the stomach and into the intestine (it was only in 1 day before Ashley pulled it out)
  7. Transplant - liver, small intestine and pancreas
  8. Repair perforation in transplanted small intestine
  9. Wash Out- this was going back in to find something but nothing was found to fix so they just washed out the abdominal cavity
  10. G-J tube - this was yesterday and did not work, however did find a problem with her pyloris which is the opening where the stomach empties into the small bowel _______________________
    Known Upcoming Surgeries
  11. Abominal surgery to correct problem with pyloris discovered in surgery # 10
  12. Take Down - this is when her small intestine will be hooked back up and all of her plumbing will be in tact such that she can poop normally. This would be the final transplant related surgery barring any further complications.
  13. Eye surgery

3 Comments:

At 2:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Just reading the list of all that Ashley has been through makes me realize what strength and determination she has! I pray that she will grow stronger and stronger.

And what strength and determination you have Trish - and what a testimony!! I pray especially for you - that God will give you more and more strength when you need it, and also much needed rest when you feel you can no longer keep going. I pray that you will find a quiet place of refuge from all the stress - a place to hide and take shelter under God's wing where you can feel and hear His heart beating for you.

Know that you have an army of prayer warriors on your side, and be assured that the Holy Spirit calls to us to pray when you need us no matter what the time of day or night. We are out here for you.

 
At 3:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish ~

God has laid you on my heart so many times today. I take Morgan to OHBC once a week to play with the class her age and for the past few i have walked in to see a beautiful and wonderfully large photo of Ashley. Each time I see it I am overwhelmed. Reading back over your posts the past few days takes me back and as I go back I pray for you. I am praying believing that your Ashley will be healed and that each scar will be a tender reminder of God's banner over Ashley. He is real, He is there, and He will not let you finish this battle alone ~ keep trusting.

praying believing,
Amy and Morgan

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

I just want you to know that we are still praying for Ashley. After having a second c-section with Kaitlynn, I definately remember what recovering from surgery was like. I can't imagine having so many in such a short span of time....I can tell you though, recovery isn't fun, I am so thankful that you are there with her to help her every step of the way. She is the toughest and bravest little girl I know, and we are so glad to be a part of her amazing story of faith, hope, and love. Just remember to continue to lean on God....He will see you through this. Much love and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home