Someone had asked how many surgeries Ashley has had so I made a list.
- Necrotising Enterocolitis - removal of 40 cm of small intestine
- Reanastomis - re-connecting the small bowel to the large bowel
- Strabismus- eye surgery
- G-tube Endoscpically - (feeding tube into stomach) this was the easy way to do it, but it didn't work
- G-tube Surgically - it worked this time but created a bigger boo boo
- G-J tube - this tube goes past the stomach and into the intestine (it was only in 1 day before Ashley pulled it out)
- Transplant - liver, small intestine and pancreas
- Repair perforation in transplanted small intestine
- Wash Out- this was going back in to find something but nothing was found to fix so they just washed out the abdominal cavity
- G-J tube - this was yesterday and did not work, however did find a problem with her pyloris which is the opening where the stomach empties into the small bowel _______________________
Known Upcoming Surgeries
- Abominal surgery to correct problem with pyloris discovered in surgery # 10
- Take Down - this is when her small intestine will be hooked back up and all of her plumbing will be in tact such that she can poop normally. This would be the final transplant related surgery barring any further complications.
- Eye surgery