Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/24/2006

A Restful Night!

I am more than grateful to report to you all that our sweet Ashley was able to rest for a full 8 hours last night! I still can't wipe the smile off my face. Ashley has not slept all month since we have had the transplant, but God gave her the best nights sleep so far to prepare for today's events. I feel so happy that she is well rested. I am confident that this will help her to heal after today's procedure. She looks so good this morning. It is amazing what a little sleep will do for you. I am so thankful.

The procedure for Ash is to take place sometime around 1:00 or 2:00 this afternoon. Ashley will be completely sedated and will wake up in the recovery room. After she becomes stable they will bring her back to the ICU and she should be able to rest through the afternoon. She has had this done once before and when I saw her for the first time after she was crying "MY MAMA" over and over again. I have not heard these words for a full month now. My hope and prayer is that this new tube will allow Ashley to eat and grow with her new bowel. I am praying for this to work and for Ash to allow it to stay inside of her without pulling it out. They are trying to find the flat button top to place instead of the long tube that she pulled out last time. I am sitting here listening to them on the phone as they look for it. Medical supply says that they don't have them, but our staff up here says they know they do. Father please help them find the right one that You know will work best for her. Please protect her during all that will happen today and allow Your will to be done.

I would like to ask you all to pray for our friend Chloe as they look today to try and figure out why she is not doing well. My heart breaks for her and her parents. Today will be full of tests on her tiny body. Please remember to lift them up today. I would appreciate any time you could spen in prayer for her. I love this little one and I am asking God to touch her tiny body and restore her health. They believe her body is in some kind of rejection and they are countering it with some incredibly powerful drugs. She just feels yucky and they are not sure why.

Thank you all for loving Ashley today. You mean so very much to us as we walk through Ashley's Story with you. We will post this afternoon to let everyone know how she is after surgery. I appreciate all of your time in prayer for our baby and her tiny friends. May God bless.

1 Comments:

At 1:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying for Ashley right now and will be sure to lift up Chloe as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home