Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/24/2006

How Beautiful

How beautiful to watch our sweet Ashley sleep so peacefully tonight. I am more than thankful for the rest God is granting to her after so many sleepless nights. She has been sleeping so peacefully now for more than 3 hours. I know this is a gift from God and I am so grateful. I am studying her tiny face as she breathes in and out. Even though she is growing her features are still so small and so beautiful. Ash has the most beautiful eyelashes that curl up on the ends. She has the tiniest nose and sweetest little mouth. I love everything about her face. I love everything about her. I love every moment that I am allowed to spend with her. I love being her mommy. I love this life that He has given to us. Our family is complete now with Ashley in it.

Even though the road has been hard and long it is so worth walking. He has given us so many beautiful moments that have come out of the hardest times. He is so faithful in leading us along. I am so confident that He brought us here to Omaha. How grateful I am that He is guiding us and that I feel I can trust Him. The staff at the hospital here is amazing. I know that God has used the surgeons in this place to give Ash her second chance. I trust the ones He has placed in charge of Ashley's care and that is such a good feeling to have. Ashley's transplant surgeon just poked her head in our room to check on Ash. I so appreciate who she is. I know she cares about Ashley and I am so thankful she takes the time to look in on her. She is in surgery tonight and I have so much respect for her and for the job she is called to do. Please be in prayer for the 2 little ones who will be receiving their transplants tonight. I have no idea who they are, but I do know what their families are going through at this very moment.

I am going to go and watch my baby sleep now. It is such a beautiful thing to see. I could sit and watch her all night, but at some point I hope to fall to sleep myself. I just don't want to waste one moment of my time with her. I am praying for Jeremiah's family tonight and for our donor family. I pray that God is granting those mommies a restful night. How my heart aches for the loss they are feeling. I wish I could ease the hurt they must feel. Father please surround them with Your love and with Your presence tonight. Allow them to rest in You and to feel a peace knowing You are holding tightly to their precious babies. Thank you for loving them just as much as You love me and my Ashley.

2 Comments:

At 7:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise for the sleep HE has given to Ash to prepare her for today. Thank you Jesus for the tender moments Trish had studing this little angels face...Oh...those moments are priceless & a true blessing from YOU. Be with this family Lord today....comfort & surround them with your peace....watch over Ashley during the surgery & help her heal in your timing Father. We love you....honor you....& praise you Jesus!! Thank you that we can intimately talk to you & offer our hearts to you ...& give you all the glory for each blessing in our lives. Amen

 
At 8:18 AM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

Just want you to know that we will be praying for Ashley's surgey today, and that God holds you in His arms the entire time giving your heart peace with no fears or worries....He will see her through.....He is the best Doctor and Healer we could possible ask for. I hope that you got some rest last night and that Ashley slept well. We love you guys and will be praying throughout the day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home