Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/31/2006

Our God is so Big...

Tonight as we were holding and playing with our little Ashley my sister began to sing a song to her that I had not thought of in years. As she sang the words to this song I was so touched by the message:

Our God is SO big, so strong and so MIGHTY
Theres nothing our God cannot Do!
The mountains are His, the rivers are His
The stars are His handiwork too.


As we sang to Ash we did the motions we used to do as children in church and she loved it. She especially loved the part of the song where we sang about the stars and then we would say ,"Plink, plink, plink" as we would hang them in the sky. She began to reach her little arms up to the ceiling to help us. I was so touched by the words of this song that I had not heard since I was a child, and my eyes filled with tears as I realized the truth that can be found in it. How humbled I was to realize that He has given me the job of teaching my Ashley how incredible He is. He really is big, and strong, and mighty. When I think that 5 weeks ago tonight He gave new organs to my tiny baby there really is NOTHING He can not do. It is amazing to me to know that He can do anything. He made the mountains. Who else can do that? He made the rivers, and made them all flow in the right direction. Is there anyone else with that kind of power? He made the stars and hung them in the sky. Not only to light up the night, but also to give us something of beauty to admire. Only He can create and hang stars in the sky! This same God created my Ashley, and He knew the struggles she would face. He also provided a way to help her through the struggles. He gave her a mommy and a daddy and a brother and a sister and aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents and friends and neighbors and communities and thousands of others to pray for her daily. How amazing is this? I have no words to describe Him. He loves her so much it touches me in the deepest part of my soul. She has never struggled one day on her own. Even before we could get to her He was there watching over her and holding her close for me.

Tonight as I watch my daughter sleep I am also admiring all He has and is doing in her life. I am thanking Him for being who He is and for loving us the way that He does. Our God really is so Big.

2 Comments:

At 11:06 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

We are praying for a restful night for you all, and hope that tomorrow brings many more wonderful memories. You are a blessing, I have learned so much about faith and trust in the last month watching your journey every step of the way. You are truly an blessing and inspiration, and I hope that everyone who reads Ashley's story is touched by His hand. May man more blessings flow over you and the rest of your family. Much love and prayers.

 
At 1:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like today has been very special there in Omaha with the little "tickles and grins", the smiles, the songs, the tears and just the sharing of God's incredible love and the works of His mighty hands.
Talking about God and who He is and there is nothing He cannot do reminds me of the 5 points that was brought out in Beth Moore's study of "Believing God". In fact I have a bracelet made by a dear friend with 5 blue beads as a reminder of the points which I want to share with you because these truths are powerful and will help you when the times are not so good:
1. God is who He says He is.
2. God can do what He says
He can do.
3. I am who God says I am.
4. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
(My life's verse)
5. God's Word is alive and
active in my life.
I am glad I have these truths that I call to mind in all kinds of situations. I just say them out loud believing in Him and then my burdens are lifted. May He lift all your cares & burdens. May He continue to show Himself through Ashley's Story.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home