Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/30/2006

To good to be true

She is back in the ICU. In the past when I pictured the day Ash was released from the hospital this is not what I visioned. I thought of a happy day of celebration. Unfortunately Ash has been readmitted to the ICU on the very same day she was released from the COOP care. Ash has struggled with elevated blood pressure for sometime, but tonight her BP has become to low. Additionally her body is not holding enough oxygen (desating) and thus she will need to go back on Oxygen. When I spoke with Trish tonight she was very concerned and worried. Ash has been crying and whimpering all day and this is just not her. I know that Trish has a very good mother's intuition and so I encouraged her to call the transplant coordinator and report her concerns. She took Ash to the treatment center and there they have decided to put Ash back in the PICU. Please pray for them tonight as it will be another long, restless night without sleep. I sure the big blue chair will be waiting for Trish in the morning. Perhaps next time she is released it will be more like I imagined it to be.

Goodnight again,

DAVE

2 Comments:

At 11:43 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I'm sorry to hear about the up and down day you've had. It must be so difficult to be on such a never-ending rollercoaster.

I'm praying for Trish tonight, that the Lord will give her supernatural strength to make it through all the stress and come out with hope and joy and peace. I'm praying for Ashley tonight, that whatever is causing her distress will be brought to light and resolved quickly. And I'm praying for you, Dave, as you cope with having your heart in two places.

God bless all of you, and I hope tomorrow is a better day.

 
At 12:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Dave, for this update. I know this has to be a traumatic time for Trish and you. So many ups and downs today. But God is in control and we must not loose sight of that.
I pray that they will get Ashley's blood pressure under control and that her oxygen levels will be resolved. I pray for little Ashley's body to respond to the treatment that is needed and for wisdom for the medical staff. I pray that Trish will feel God's presence in a special way and that she will get some rest and be ready for whatever tomorrow brings.

"Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.: I Peter 5:7, NKJV

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home