Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/14/2006

Being A Blessing

Last night Blake, Allie and I were invited to go Christmas caroling with a group of kids from our church. We went to sing to a couple of older "shut ins." For those of you who are worried that my singing would hurt the old ladies ears you can rest assured that I stood in the back and just barely sang. At the conclusion of the last song at the last house this sweet little old lady told the kids to let their parents know that they had caroled to a 90 year old lady and then with a tear in her eye she turned to shut the door. What a blessing it was for me and everyone else there to see how God had used these children to really make some one's day. One thing I have learned from Ashley's Story is that God can take a little caring and go a very long way. I think Ash's story has taught me to look harder for the good in others and to try to find more opportunities to be a blessing to others. Just as each of you are to us when you post comments or tell us you are praying for Ash. Thank you for allowing God to use you to minister to us. I encourage you to try and look for ways to be a blessing to others and you will receive so much more in return.

DAVE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home