Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/19/2006

I'm Back

I apologize for leaving my last post so abruptly. When they come and get me I go running. I never know if it will be good news or bad. The pictures from her scope look amazing! The bowel is beautiful! Each time I see it I am humbled by the "huge ness" and magnitude of the gift she was given. Father, please give peace and comfort to our precious donor family this season.

This is a tough spot that we find ourselves in today, but even in the toughest of times He brings me strength. Sometimes it comes from His word. Sometimes it comes through prayer. Sometimes it comes because I can just feel Him there with my Ashley. Many times it comes through this journal and our guestbook. Yesterday and today it came from friends. Friends who I feel connected to because they too have a beautiful daughters. They too have watched their beautiful little girls walk this transplant path. They too have learned of the strength that comes from their faith in the one true God. When they hug me I can feel that God has allowed our paths to cross. I am thankful for their prayers, their support, and their friendship that showed up at just the time I needed it. I love that He knows exactly what I need.

Let me say thank you for praying me through another day. I owe you so much more than my gratitude. To those of you who I have not yet met or who I may never meet on this earth, I look forward to our introduction in heaven. You have touched my heart and I love you for loving my little Ashley. I am going to go and rest a while next to this gift He has allowed me to love. She is sleeping on the pink blanket we brought to her the night we first met. How I love this blanket and all it represents to me. It was the first gift we ever gave to our new baby. I love the memory of that first meeting. It warms my heart.

6 Comments:

At 5:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, I sense through this post that you have a more peaceful spirit about you. We are grateful for that. We are thankful that you have the friends there who you feel connected to and that have been a great source of comfort and encouragement to you today. The Lord surely has heard many, many prayers being lifted up today on Ashley and her family's behalf. We will continue to pray for the reunion with Dave, Blake and Allie and that God will give you wisdom and just the right words as you explain little Ashley's condition.
Thank You, Jesus for loving us and for answered prayer.

 
At 7:17 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

We will be praying for Ashley as she goes through this valley. God has brought her through so many before, I can't help but believe He will bring her though this one. We will be praying that He gives your hearts peace knowing He is in control. There is no place better to be than resting in His arms, I pray that you are able to continue giving all your worries and fears to Him. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through, but just know that we are praying for you all. We will also be praying that God provides you and David with the right words for Blake and Allison....I know they don't understand why all this is happening....even we ourselves don't, other than it is all a part of God's master plan for your family. Just know we are pouring our heart's out to the Father on your behalves....remember, if He brings you to it, He will get you through it!!!
Much love and prayers!

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Tambi said...

Hold on, keep praying, and draw closer to Him and He will keep you and your family. We continue to pray for you and know that He's giving you the strength to walk this out.

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I'm continuing to pray for Ashley, for you, for Dave, for your other sweet kids. Ashley's story is never far from my mind; she touches people's hearts in such an amazing way! How blessed you are to be her mama:)

 
At 9:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your constant encouragement to trust in our almighty God. I know these times are so very difficult, yet you bless so many with your faithful testimony.
We continue in unceasing prayer.

 
At 9:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never written to anyone online before, but i want you to know that I and my family are praying for you. The first words out of their mouths at night when i get home are "how's Ashley?" I wake up praying for you and go to sleep praying for you. I called the radio station i listen to tonight and asked them and the listeners here in Kansas City to be vigilant in their prayers for you. I am 46, our daughter was born premature and with NEC. She will be a year old on New Years Eve. She is a miracle. I know that Ashley is too. I dont know how much comfort this may bring you but you should know that this journal is leading my husband to The Lord in a powerful way. Thank you for your unwavering faith. Know that many of us stand with you in prayer even if you dont hear from all of us. I love Ashley as my own and Allie and Blake as well. I pray for peace and comfort for you and your family, a swift recovery and homecoming for Ashley and love and joy for your future together. I know that The Father hears our petitions and is holding you in His mighty hand as you walk in faith through such difficulty. May God bless you abundantly.kristi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home