Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/19/2006

Climbing

Before falling asleep next to Ashley's bed sometime ing the early morning hours we were having a difficult time keeping her blood pressure on the desired mark. Our nurse continued to call the doctor looking for direction as to what she should do. The last call I heard the doctor gave instructions to go as high as 8 on her dopemine drip. Before drifting off I saw her monitor set at the number 6. I prayed and thought to myself I am going to give this one to Him. I eventually fell asleep and only briefly woke through the night when someone would need me to move my chair over so they could come and do whatever. I just woke to find that Ashley's heartrate has climbed to over 170 and her dopemine level is at an 11! I am not sure what is happening. I am confused as to why she requires this much to control her blood pressure. I am not sure but something is changing. Yesterday her dopemine level was down to 3, but for some reason everything is climbing except for her blood pressure. Her extremeties are still warm so I know that she is circulating her blood throughout her body, but I don't understand why she is struggling to maintain an adequate pressure. Please pray for Ash this morning. I am scared and confused. I hope they can come up with some way to control things. Ashley is paralyzed so she can not communicate to us in any way if she is stuggling with pain. This is frightening to me. She is trapped inside of her body and she has no way to tell me if something is wrong. I have to rely on her monitors and so far this morning they aren't looking too good.

2 Comments:

At 6:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Trish....just a quick note to let you know that we continue to pray for Ashley and for you as you struggle with so many mountains. Keep climbing and don't lose your faith. It is such an inspiration to so many. In His Love....just one of your many prayer warriors.

 
At 10:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord ~

As things seem scarey and out of control, Lord, bring healing rain. Help us to trust that you are very much in control. We love Ashley and her family... bring them to mind often today.

Amen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home