Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/14/2006

Moving Day

Well it is moving day around the PICU and Ash and I have had to give up our room for another little patient who needs to be in isolation. It doesn't bother me to have to make way for a sicker patient, but this new open bay room will be very difficult for Ash and I to live in. It has no door only a cutain to separate us from the hall way and it is directly across from a very busy nursing station. This is going to cause problems for Ashley when it becomes time to rest. There is absolutely no privacy and I am not sure how this is going to work for us over the Christmas holiday. Once Dave and the kids come there will not be any room to enjoy visiting with each other. I am just trying to believe that maybe God has something better in store for us. Maybe He has another plan and this is only temporary.

This morning Ashley is showing small signs of being uncomfortable with her feeds. They have only made it up to 15ccs per hour and she is already fussing and becoming nauseated. This is making me nervous. If Ash can't eat, then we can't leave this place. I pray that all will be resolved and that she will not require further surgical intervention. There is an endoscope procedure scheduled on Monday afternoon which will require Ashley to be on the ventilator once again. I am praying that she will become more comfortable with the increases over the weekend and we will be able to cancel this procedure. I hope!

As Christmas day approaches I am trying to fight off the saddness of realizing that we will actually be spending it here in the hospital. I had to take Ashley's winter wonderland down because of the move, so I hung her new PINK stocking (that was sent to her today from a family in Alabama! Thanks we loved the package) and some of her icicles on the end of her crib. I am still determined to celebrate this holiday with Ash.

Please join us in praying for Ashley to be able to tolerate her feedings as they increase the volumes. She has got to eat and at this point it has to be done through a tube. My prayer is for progress without anymore bumps in the road. Thank you to all of you who continually come to visit Ashley's story. Your time and your prayers are appreciated. May He bless you today as you continue to anticipate the celebration of His birth!

2 Comments:

At 1:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying throughout today that Ash's body will adjust to her feeds.

"All you who put your hope in the Lord be strong and brave." Psalm 31:24.

...Also saying a prayer for the new little one in isolation.

 
At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying...
I am so sorry for the new challenges that you face, but am confident the Lord will use these circumstances for His glory and your dear family's good as He has in the past.
Know that there are many who are thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home