Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/14/2006

Still asking for Prayers

I am compelled to come and type another plea for prayers for 2 of Ashleys friends. Their names are Chloe and Kiley. These precious baby girls are struggling to get on top of their recoveries post transplant. Chloe was actually transplanted the week before my Ashley, and Kiley was just over a month ago. They are beautiful and sweet and they have very sweet mommies who love them so much. Both of the moms are so much younger than I am and these little girls are their first children. There are days when I feel as though I can't keep doing this and there are days when I feel strong and confident. I know how difficult this journey is as I watch my Ashley fight to live. I have often wondered if I would be strong enough to go through this with grace and determination if it happened at any other time in my life. I don't know how these young moms have the abilities they do and the strength that it takes to continue at their ages. I am proud of them and I am proud to call them my friends.

I know in my heart that God Himself places our children in our families. These mommies were handpicked by the Father to parent these two little girls. They can do this. He will give them strength. Please remember to pray not only for the girls but also for their moms. I would be more than grateful.

Ash has had a wonderful day. She has played with her box of "Tic Tacs"(they make a great rattle, her Nan taught her this) for hours today. She loves the shaking sound they make. We have enjoyed time together as we rocked and sang. This little one has definitely stolen my heart and there isn't a day go by that I don't find something absolutely amazing about my daughter. I love her so very much. Unfortunately she will be receiving 3 very painful shots in just a few minutes. This breaks my heart for her. I look forward to the day when we will live "needle free". What a celebration that will be.

Only 1 more week until I get to spend priceless time with my Blake and Allison. I am more than excited about spending the Christmas holiday all together. This will be the first time all 5 of us have been together since Sept. 29th. We are looking forward to celebrating His birth. Thank you for praying. I know that you will. You have proven time and time again that you are faithful to go to the Father on our behalf, and I know that you will approach Him for Chloe and Kiley as well. You are loved and you are appreciated. God Bless.

3 Comments:

At 8:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am excited for you guys & wishing for next week to hurry up & get here (=. Praying for Ashley's little buddies & Ash too. Take care....back to wrapping & putting class gifts together. (= The kids are helping. (=

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Praying for the little girls, you all included, and praising for all He has done.

 
At 2:31 AM , Blogger Renee said...

Praying as always that ya'll will have a private area to spend your time together for Christmas. I pray that Ashley continues to recover and is well enough to go home soon. I pray for her little friends who are very sick. I pray for their mothers and for you and your family...always. I have good feelings about Ashley's recovery. :) I always have.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home