Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/23/2007

Finding Small Blessings

I am looking for blessings today. No matter if they are large or small. I just want to wrap myself up in them and be thankful. Ash has had not one, but TWO wet diapers today. They weren't heavy, but they were WET. Every little drop counts as we wait for her kidneys to kick back in. My hope is to be able to re-hydrate her before anyone feels the need to mention the word dialysis. They just checked her electrolyte panel and the BUN and creatnine are making small moves in the right directions. More blessings.

She is finally resting and I am counting that as a blessing. Her little body needs to sleep so that it can become strong again. Her wimpering in her sleep has stopped and I am finding the silence in our room to be a blessing. I think she is becoming a little more comfortable as we slowly introduce more fluids into her system.

She is now receiving her monthly cytogam infusion. Today I am counting her central line in my list of blessings. She will require this monthly infusion for a full year after transplant and once her line is pulled she will have to have an IV placed each month. Today I am thankful she did not have have an IV.

One thing I have learned through my Ashley's story is that there will always be blessings around. I just have to be willing to look for them and acknowledge them. My Ashley is here with me and that is a blessing. She does not have an infection anywhere and that is a blessing. Her heart rate, respirations, and oxygen requirements are coming down. All of these things are blessings. There is no ventilator in our room. Big Blessing! I can hold her hand, memorize the details of her face, and kiss her tiny toes as long as I like today and I am feeling blessed. God is really good to me.

8 Comments:

At 2:57 PM , Blogger Krista said...

PRAISE GOD, ALL I CAN SAY TO THIS IS GOD IS HEARING AND PRAYERS MUST BE WORKING. She is being lifted up by so many people and I know HE is hearing those Prayers.

 
At 3:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Krista - so many prayers are being lifted up and I know that God is hearing and answering! You and Ashley are a blessing to me. I am blessed and honored to get to be Ashley's grandma! God is so good to us - I will keep praying for Ash to be comfortable and to be able to rest more and more so her beautiful little body can heal. Trish, I pray you get to rest, too. I know you need it badly! Love and Hugs, Grandma

 
At 5:47 PM , Blogger Ashleigh Baker said...

Wonderful blessings! Even through difficulty, there are always good things, always more hope!

 
At 6:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been praying....got a call before lunch that she was having difficulty....& am so glad now to check & see things seem to be improving. GOD IS SO GOOD!!!With a thankful heart to HIM...from whom all blessings come. (=

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger Springjoy said...

Keep trusting, Keep holding on... :)

 
At 9:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just want you to know we are still checking in on you and Ashley every day, and praying for lots more small (and LARGE) blessings.

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Hooray for wet diapers! Every little blessing, no matter how "small," adds up!! I'm praying that tomorrow is a WET day for Ashley :)

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

What a beautiful day! Thank you for sharing. I think this blog you have is going to be a wonderful way for Ashley to know how loved she was when she gets older and is able to read it...You are a remarkable woman...sending prayers and hugs!
Tamara

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home