Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/20/2007

Twinkle, Twinkle



"It's amazing how much you have learned about all of this stuff." This is what Glenda just said to me. My response, "I wish I didn't know any of it. I wish all I understood was eating play-doh and building mega blocks!" I guess God had something different in mind for me this round.

I know more about ventilators, labs, meds, machines, lines, tests, procedures, hospitals, nursing, and anything else found inside the walls of this hospital. All in all if the truth be told I really don't mind learning it. If this is what it takes to be Ashley's mommy then I would gladly learn it and more. Whatever is asked of me to do this job I will do it with a smile because shes worth it!

Some days our conversations with Blake and Al stay on the lighter side. We talk about the silly things Ash is up to and we leave it at that. Then there are conversations like the one we had this morning as we drove to the hospital. "Will Ashley ever walk?", "When will Ashley get better?", "Is Ash going to be OK?" The toughest thing about these conversations is that I want to tell them what they want to hear. I want to tell them that some day Ash will be healthy. I want to tell them that her story has a happy ending, but I CAN'T. The questions that they have are the same ones that race through my mind constantly. So instead of actually answering what their tiny hearts are wondering, I tell them this; "I don't know if Ash will ever walk, or run, or play baseball like Blake, or get to cheer with Al. I don't know when we will make it back home, but I do know that we are the lucky ones. We are the ones that God chose. He knew that Ashley didn't have to be perfect, and that she didn't have to have a healthy body for us to love her. He knew that we would love our Ashley no matter what. She might not have been created beautiful by anyone else's standards, but to us she is absolutely perfect!" I turn around to see tears in Blake's eyes and I know that he understands exactly what I mean. To us she is just right.

Today Ash has been sleeping. She only played for very brief moments, but we wanted to give you a glimpse of our little one. Yesterday Allie made her this mobile, and when Ash opened her eyes to see it hanging above her this is what she did. I hope you all enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed filming it. We love you guys, and we are forever grateful that you chose to become a part of Ashley's story. We are off to play in the snow. Goodnight. Trish

17 Comments:

At 8:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you sooo much for sharing this video with all of us. It is just precious and Allie did a great job making the star mobile. I hope Ashley will one day understand what a great, big sister she has and a big brother that is not ashamed to be a little emotional when it comes to his baby sister.

So happy for you, Trish, that your family is there with you and praying that God will give you special moments while you are all together to help all of you when you are so far apart. Hope your mouth feels better so that you don't miss out on any of the fun sledding.

I look forward to more and more pictures. Just keep them coming. Love to all of you.

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Oh, please continue to show us your beautiful little girl! It was so great to hear the voice I've been reading, and so wonderful to see the little girl I've been praying for. Thank you, and know you're continually in our prayers.

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Tambi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:24 PM , Blogger Tambi said...

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you sharing that moment with Ashley. How very precious she is! My children will love watching it when they get up in the morning. I am also blessed that you all have time together right now. May God continue to bless you and your family ! Although it might be hard to see from your end, He's doing an AMAZING work in all of you! God Bless!

 
At 8:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ash is beautiful and so is your whole family! I really enjoyed the video Ali did a great job on Ash's new mobile! Chan

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger The Rutland Family said...

Thank you so much for sharing your Ashley with me and my family. My 4 year old daughter prays for her every day. She LOVED watching the video! We had to replay it 5 times! Know that we are praying for you and lifting your whole family to our Father daily.
Because He lives, we can face tomorrow.
In His hands,
Pam, Jud, Julia and Sam Rutland

 
At 9:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

She is precious. Absolutely. Thank you letting us stand with you and walk with you. We all have things we wish we didn't have to learn- thank you for doing it with such grace.

 
At 9:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing! Ash is a an angel. Allie did an awesome job with the mobile. What a talented little girl you have there. Also how pure is a heart of that sweet Blake. Hearing about his tears brought tears to my eyes. Well, still praying for you all here in Alabama. Enjoy playing in the snow! None here.... praying for a little of that too. Sleep well all and good night!

 
At 10:21 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Thank you so much for sharing this video! How beautiful she is! What a blessing you have. What an awesome family God handpicked for Ashley. Blake and Allie sound like very selfless children- and that is such a wonderful reflection on their parents. May God continue to bless you all!

 
At 10:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adams Family! I am so glad that the weather cooperated long enough for your sweet family to get there. I love the video and it warms my heart to see Ashley having such fun with her special gift that Ally made. Please know that we are praying for you.

We just looked at the weather and it looks like you are getting a major snow storm. Is this true or is the radar wrong?

Love you guys! Regina D.

 
At 10:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this video. It really does my heart good to actually see her in action.....I am so thankful to our God for pulling her through everything ....all the surgeries....all the touch & go moments.....How I marvel at his Power....his strength.... There is NOTHING HE can't do?. She is proof. She ....even now ...(when she is still very ill).....is answered prayer. I just believe that HE plans on answering much bigger requests......such as all the requests for healing....& bringing you back to Longview..... HE HAS DONE GREAT THINGS & ....I stand in awe of what HE has yet to do. Thanks for the video. Praying...

 
At 10:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a miracle you have on your hands! After all that Ashley went through this week, and look at how she plays with that precious mobile that Allie made her! I'm so glad you shared the video clip with us!! Love, Karen

 
At 11:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as it is possible, take comfort in knowing that you are raising 3 beautiful children--children who are concerned for the well-being of each other, who selflessly give of their mother and father for each other's good, and who demonstrate God's love.


The mobile is beautiful and I am so happy that you are able to spend this weekend together as a family.

God bless you all.

 
At 12:02 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

What a precious little thing she is. I'm praying for your entire family as you spend this weekend together. You are one special family!!

 
At 8:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley looks amazing! Thanks for all of the wonderful updates--it's nice to know what's going on at "home." Thinking of you from the sunny FL beaches--enjoy the snow for me! :)

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger EAC said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy that Ashley is making positive progress. Allie did an excellent job in designing the mobile for her baby sister. That was so sweet or her. The video is just precious. I pray that things will continue to look up for all of you. Enjoy the snow while you can. I hope Trish's toothache has resolved. Take care. Love and blessings your way, Matt and Cindy Adams

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home