Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/17/2007

I've been BAMBOOZLED!!

Today started out a mess as it was determined that a huge ice storm was coming. It was going to be an absolute disaster. There was going to be pandemonium in the streets. The schools shut down, the roads were to be death traps and everything was doom and gloom. I called to cancel my flight out of Dallas and then began to wonder if I would be seeing any patients this afternoon or if they would all be stuck in ditches or frozen into their homes. I think we have been bamboozled by the weathermen. I left my office for lunch only to discover RAIN. I went home and found my kids had no school. It was a rain day. Now when I was in school we prayed for snow days. We walked 22 miles in 3 feet of snow with bacon in our socks, uphill both ways and nowadays they get out for RAIN!! Come on!?! The airport closes on account of RAIN!! Get Real?!? What is wrong with these people? Have they gone insane?? People were stocking up on food and fuel just in case they got caught in the RAIN!! Come on people, we are in TEXAS!! You weathermen act like it has never been cold and rained at the same time. (Shaking my head in disgust)

On another note I have spoken with Trish a couple of times today and things have not been going well for her. The Gherkin is doing well with no major changes but Trish has not been so fortunate. She has been battling a wisdom tooth for some time now. I have been trying to get her to do something about it for a while but she has not wanted to take the necessary time away from Ash. Well today was the day that the straw broke the camels back, or the pain broke the mommies tooth as it were. One of the nurses put her in touch with an oral surgeon there at the hospital. He recommended removing several wisdom teeth but she was not able to do that because there is no one there to take care of her or Ash while she is all loopy. She did allow him to remove one tooth on top and hopefully that will offer her at least some relief. I will be praying that she feels better tonight.

I need to get these kids some food before they starve to death. Trish seems to think I should feed them EVERY DAY. So I will check back in later.

DAVE

3 Comments:

At 6:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying for you both Trish! Praying that you find some relief in your toothaches. Praying for the Master's hand to ease the pain and give you some comfort.

Dave, Praying for you all in Texas too. Praying that the "rain" lets up. Praying that you get to see the Gherkin soon and her Mommy!

Blessings on you all!

 
At 7:43 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

When it rains it pours! So to speak :)

We did get snow up here in the DFW area--but the roads were all clear--and EVERY ISD except Dallas was closed. I've lived in Colorado and North Dakota before, and our "Arctic Blasts" here make me shake my head and laugh. On the other hand, Texans shrug it off when it's been 100 for 52 days in a row!

 
At 1:09 AM , Blogger Ashleigh Baker said...

Praying for a let up in this crazy weather... and for grace for Trish as she deals with the pain and cares for Ashley. Whew! You're right--bamboozled is the word!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home