Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/17/2007

Good News

Morning rounds have ended and the cardiologist came by to tell us that this mornings echo showed no more accumulation of fluid around her heart. They are leaving the drain in the pericardial(?) sack in case some develops over the next couple of days but from a "heart" standpoint they said she is looking good. What joy that brings to MY heart!

The pulmonoligist would like to have Ashley off of the ventilator in the morning. More good news! He believes this was an acute event and that as we continue to "dry" her out that her respiratory status will continue to improve. It seems that all of the trouble we have had the last couple of days was due to the increase in fluids. The cardiac arrest was a direct result of the emergent bedside procedure that was done to try and remove the fluid from her heart. I pray we never face that situation again.

Once we can get Ash over these hurdles, then we will go back to battling the feeding issues and the debate over the next operation. I have learned that today's troubles are enough for today and I will face tomorrow's when I get there.

Ashley opened her eyes and tried to smile at me. She then took her little hands and placed them on my cheeks. I could see her spirit in her eyes. The attitude is still in there and my heart lept with joy when she reached out and touched my face. I love her so much and I can see how much she loves me when she looks at me. She is holding on to the breathing tube with both hands and threatening to take it out on her own. She wants to get back to playing and stop all of this nonsense. God has been so very good to us. Shes coming back a little more with each passing hour. I just wanted to share my good news with you all. Take care. Trish

15 Comments:

At 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God continue to bless you!!

 
At 1:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praising God!!! He knew you needed this today and He was right there to provide. Isn't He an awesome God?! Love and Hugs to you both, Grandma

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger Krista said...

That is WONDERFUL NEWS. God is so evident in your life. It is amazing to see him work. I think he is trying to tell all of us , quit worrying and Let him handle it. Easier said than done huh! He is getting her strength renewed so she can laugh and play with her daddy, and Blake and Allie. Hang in there and keep fighting.

 
At 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What terrific news Trish! God is so good! Praises be to him. Still praying in Alabama!

 
At 2:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praises to HIM!! Thankful those prayers answered & for those yet to be answered in HIS timing. (= Thanks for the update. That is great news!!

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger Paige said...

Praise God! I am thrilled for all of you! May His grace and mercies be boundless as Ashley recovers.

God, You are ever amazing! Thank you for a love that is shown in the touch of a small child.

 
At 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so overjoyed to see this update-- Praise God!
Continuing to pray for you all this day.

 
At 3:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your faithfulness to come back with the good updates. My heart is singing for Ash's progress. We continue to pray....

 
At 3:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Trish, I'm so happy that Ashley reached up and put her hands on your face!! My mommy heart just bursts over that one--I can only imagine how good that felt. God is good and will continue to provide everything you need, every step of the way! Love in Him, Karen

 
At 3:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is Praise God! Remonica

 
At 3:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing that we serve a God that still is in the business of answering prayers. What pure joy that must have been to you when she reached for her mommie.

 
At 3:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great news! Thanks for sharing!!!!

 
At 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God for this good news. Thanks for sharing Trish. Praying in Longview.

 
At 5:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful, marvelous news! We continue to hold you all close in our prayers. Sheryl

 
At 5:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I talked to my grandmother today and she asked me, How is that little girl doing that you were praying for? Just wanted to let you know that lots of people are praying for your little fighter!
Laura

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home