Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/18/2007

Sleeping the Day Away...

Usually I would not consider spending the day sleeping, but today I will have to admit it has been so helpful. If I am asleep I do not feel the soreness in my mouth or the nausea caused by the medicine. It has been very nice to escape from it for most of the afternoon.

My sweet Ashley Kate has also spent the day resting. I cannot even list off to you the combinations of medicines it is taking to keep her sedated. She is so tough. As they wear off you can see her little bunny feet kicking and she begins to shake her head "no, no". She is so very swollen and I pray that Blake and Allie aren't frightened by her appearance. If you look closely you can still see "her" through the puffiness of her face. As she wakes I wet wash cloths for her so she can have a little drink. You should see her grab them from me. She loves them! It makes me sad to think that she is so thirsty. I hope she will start to get rid of some of the fluid over night. I would love for her to be able to come off of the vent while the kids are here, but only if it is safe for her. It may take her a little longer than they originally thought to recover from this weeks events, and that is ok. In her own time is fine with me.

I am so glad the weather cleared enough for the Dave and the kids to come visit. They have made it to Dallas and are now waiting for the 3 hour lay over to end. They were dining at Chilis when I spoke to them. Honestly I think that is just a little unfair since it happens to be one of my favorite places to eat. There is no way I would be able to chew anything from there tonight. I sure hope they are thinking of me while they dine. The kids still are planning on surprising me and I didn't want to disappoint them so I am playing along. They love surprises. I can't wait for them to get here. The snow is still on the ground and there is still enough for them to go sledding on. I know they will be thrilled.

I just wanted say Thank you to Jill for bringing up the cookies for the kids. It was so thoughtful of you and I really appreciate it. I am so sorry I didn't feel well enough to really visit. I hope we get another opportunity.

Thanks so much for checking in on Ash tonight. I am going to go lay down and try to ignore the throbbing inside of my mouth for a little while longer. We love and appreciate all you do for us. May God Bless you. Trish

3 Comments:

At 7:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleep well!

 
At 9:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying........for you all! Get some rest Trish and sweet dreams!

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I am so excited you get to see your loved ones again! And I'm praying that pain and nausea go away, so you can enjoy their visit :)

Sweet dreams!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home