Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/18/2007

Looking for...?

In some odd way I think I am thankful that they chose to leave my Ashley on the ventilator today. I had determined I was not going to take any pain medicine today because it was supposed to be her first day back . I wanted to be awake so that she would see me and know that I was there. Today I am very sick. Something inside of me is so queesy and I am dizzy. I think it is just pain. The wisdom tooth that needed to be removed yesterday was going to require surgery. They wanted to put me under and remove all 4 of them. Obviously that was out of the question. I have a baby in the ICU and there is no way I can afford to be down for a day or two. So instead of taking the tooth that has me in such pain, we opted to remove the one above it in hopes that it would relieve some of my discomfort. The theory being that it was biting down on the damaged tissue being caused from the wisdom tooth that needs to be surgically removed. Guess What? Now I have 2 places in my mouth that are causing me great pain. I think we made a mistake.

Since they have my Ashley sedated I broke down and took the pain medicine. It is making me so sick. So now I am looking for...soup? ice cream? anything? I need something to just slide down my throat so my stomach isn't empty making me want to hurl. I think it is a bad idea to let lortab and motrin be the first drugs in your system after 15 years. It has been about that long since David and I have taken anything. We don't even have a tylenol or advil at our house. I must have temporarily lost my mind when I agreed to let the dentist remove my tooth.

I pray that Dave and the kids can make it in tonight. If the weather permits they are going to try. I could really use some help. I know I sound like such a wimp compared to my Ashley. She has her body cut into and opened up and organs removed and organs added and never complains. Her mommy on the other hand is just a big baby! I am sure tomorrow will be a better day. Thanks for listening. Trish

8 Comments:

At 2:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless your heart Trish. To me a toothache is worse than child birth. I feel for you. I hope you can get some relief soon. I will continue to pray too for Ashley's progress. God works everything out for a reason so just keep trusting him. He knew you would have the toothache and would not be able to take care of Ashley so one more day on the Ventilator was a blessing in disquise. Rest all you can sweetheart. Love and prayers, Cindy Adams

 
At 2:45 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Hang in there, Trish.

Try some crackers. It's always best to take medicine with something in your stomach, unless directed otherwise. You also might ask your doctor for a different pain med.

Hopefully Dave will be there to relieve you so you can get some rest. We're praying daily...sometimes hourly, for you and your family.

 
At 2:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish i do hope that you get to feeling better. I know how much they hurt. Ashley is very lucky to have a mother like you. To not take any thing for your pain just so you can see her beutiful smile. I hope that dave and the kids make it ok and that all goes well. Try to get some rest.

 
At 2:48 PM , Blogger Krista said...

Adults are always the worst Patients--Babies can tolerate so much more--I feel for your pain. Hopefully God will permit a way for Dave to arrive and you can get some rest and he can get rid of that pain. Crackers will help and I know this sounds awful , but YOGURT--the cultures in it will remove some of that nausea, so I have heard.. ..

 
At 3:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you!

 
At 4:39 PM , Blogger Bunde4 said...

Trish-
It's ok to say it hurts. It's GOOD to say what you need so those around you might be able to provide some small bit of comfort. I am coming tomorrow afternoon and bringing soup. If you have a preference I'd love to pick it up--I'm thinking Panera Chicken Noodle. I'd love to hear from you or your husband so I know that you know I'm coming :). Otherwise I hope you like surprises :). Try to take good care of yourself so you can be there for Ashley and the rest of your family.
Take Care,
Carmen Bunde
Omaha, 697-7189

 
At 6:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, sweetie, a great big {cyber hug!} I feel so badly for you. My two oldest just did the wisdom teeth thing and it wasn't pretty. So, just put your head down and cry a little if it will make it feel better. Tears are such a cleansing thing.
There,now, does that feel better?
Holding you in prayer,
Tammi

 
At 9:15 PM , Blogger Ashleigh Baker said...

Oh, Trish, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this pain. Praying for relief!

Also, I was looking through Ashley's website hoping to find an email address with which to contact you (for a specific reason--and not one that I wanted to comment publicly about), but could only find the address for your campaign worker. I went ahead and sent a quick email off to that address, hoping that it could somehow get passed on to you, because I still didn't have the guts to say anything in a comment. :) I'm not sure if you received it, but if not, perhaps you would have a quick second to send me an email address in which I could reach you, at heartandhome29[at]hotmail[dot]com? There's a little something I'd like to do... but would like your permission first. Thanks!

~Ashleigh in California

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home