Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/20/2007

Looking Better...

This morning our Ashley Kate is starting to look better. They have been able to pull a tremendous amount of fluid off of her and she is beginning to "dry out". She will remain on the ventilator because it takes a while to wean the settings low enough to take her off. Her chest x-ray is basically the same with just a slight improvement. We hope to have her ready to breathe on her own by morning. Of course they follow this statement with, "Things could change, you never know what may happen". If I have learned anything it is that. So many things have changed and things that I would have never imagined have happened to my Ashley. I have learned not to really count on anything and to just take it moment by moment. Her chest tube is still draining, and I have no idea how long it will have to stay in place. Her little cheeks and chin have started to show some bruising for the CPR and intubation on Monday night. It just seems like such an ugly reminder to me of the events that occurred. I will glady watch them fade, watch the chest tube come out, and the ventilator disappear so that I might try and put the memories of that night behind us. I pray we never have to live with that fear again.

Ash is more awake today and she is happily playing between her naps. She would still like for the breathing tube to be removed and she doesn't mind letting us know it by shaking her head each time they come to suction it, or give breathing treatments, or re adjust it. I love this little attitude that she displays. Her daddy asked the nurse why everyone says she has such an attitude and he was told that she has been here long enough that she has become famous for it. Honestly I can't blame her. If I had to put up with all that she does I would exhibit a little attitude too.

Today I thanked the Father for another day. Another day to spend with our Ashley Kate. Another day for all of us to spend togther as a family. Another day to make memories. Another day to see what He will do in our lives. I prayed that He would use me, and allow me to make a difference in the life of someone. I don't now what today holds for us, but I am ready to embrace it and to live it to the fullest. They promised 100percent chance of snow tonight. We are happily anticipating 5-6 inches. Tomorrow we will take to the "slopes" with our sleds and live it up! We love Omaha when it snows! As you can imagine all 3 of my "big" kids are happy. Thanks for checking on our gherkin and thanks for praying for her today. We will be posting a video to share with you this afternoon. Have a blessed day. Trish

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Ash is showing so improvements and that you are all together as a family. May God bless your day abundantly. Love, Karen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home