Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/24/2007

Wet Diapers!

I am happy to report that Ashley's kidneys have picked up and she is making wet diapers! She looks much better this morning, but she is still feeling really crummy. When she is awake she continues to whimper and pull out her hair. I am praying that she might start feeling better so that I can hold her and try to comfort her. To this point I have not been able to rock her or pick her up because her tiny body is so sore. It makes her miserable to be touched and so I have been waiting until it is good for her. I hope today is that day.

The doctors have not made morning rounds so I do not have a plan for the day just yet. The cardiologist did pop in early this morning and told me that from a heart standpoint she looks really good. What a blessing it was to hear those words. They are going to leave the drain in her chest at least through the end of this week and they plan on doing another echo cardiogram on Friday to look at how much fluid remains around the heart.

I have never been so happy about having to change diapers in my life, but this morning I can gladly say it has brought me great joy. God continues to do big things in my little gherkins life and even when things don't go exactly the way I would hope for them to I can still see His hand protecting her. What a comforting feeling it is to know that He is always there.

I will up date later after rounds. My prayer is that each of you will be blessed today. You are so appreciated. Thank you for checking in on Ash this morning. Take care. Trish

6 Comments:

At 11:05 AM , Blogger Paige said...

Trish,
May you and Ashley have a blessed day. My prayer is that today would be that day where you can hold her. I know your heart is longing to hold her and her heart also needs that. Have a wondeful day.

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger Ashleigh Baker said...

Yay for the need to change a diaper!! An answer to prayer!

Looking forward to hearing what the news is after the rounds...

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Im so glad to hear the glad news...i will keep her in my prayers today.

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Hooray! I prayed for her kidneys specifically this morning and am so glad to hear that they're doing better. I'm praying also that her pain starts to subside!!!

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Krista said...

Isnt it amazing what we consider Blessings at this point? Way to go Ashley. We are still Praying, God is surely listening.

 
At 3:29 PM , Blogger Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Yay for wet diapers! I'm so glad that things are looking up a bit. I'll keep praying for you guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home