Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/15/2007

Are we there yet?

How I wish we were! I have been packing and loading our cars (mine and my mom's) for the last four hours. How did I get all of this stuff here? I know I only came to Omaha with a couple of bags for myself and a couple for Ash but somehow over the last 6 months it multiplied again and again and again and again. I am exhausted, but I promise I am not complaining. I am just confused as to how this actually happened. I will take my sore back to bed tonight with a happy heart and smiley face. Is this for real or am I only dreaming it? Please don't wake me up if I am.

With every fuss, complaint, diaper, or stool we have been jumping just praying that nothing was wrong. My heart beats fast every time I hear my little one make a move. Please, please, please God let this be for real. I just want to raise this princess in Texas. Tomorrow we will attempt to make the 10 hour trip to Dallas (thanks to one of my favorite nurses and her hubby bringing me a set of directions tonight:). I am not sure how far we will actually get. It all depends on my sweet Ashley Kate and her attitude. If she only knew the people who were waiting to see her on the other end of this journey. She has a daddy, a Blake, and an Allison who are anxiously waiting her arrival.

How sweet it is to know that we actually have been told to leave. There is still such a long way to go for my little one, but God has brought her so very far. The journey to Omaha was long and rough. The journey in Omaha was long and rough. The journey from here on out is a mystery, but even if turns out to be long and rough I know that we have traveled it the very best way we knew how. I know that it is the hand of God on this sweet baby that has allowed her to keep on traveling when so many things have tried to stop her. When He allows her to come out on the other side of this cancer just think of the chapter it will make in her story. The thought of listening to this precious creation tell it herself one day gives me chills. I have said it a thousand times before but I mean every word of it, I am blessed to be her mommy. I am blessed to be allowed to hold her hand on this journey. I am blessed to wake up each day and hold on to her as tightly as I can. I am blessed!

Tonight the guys have been working away in the kids bathroom. I honestly don't know how Dave is doing all that he is. God must be giving him an extra measure of grace and strength during this time. How exciting it is to hear how the Father is providing help to him. I am so grateful!

There are so many things on my heart tonight. I could type and type and type about the blessing of friendships that I have received here in Omaha. I know without a doubt that God brought us here to this place to come to know these people. To all of you who have reached outside of you comfort zones and extended a helping hand, a kind word, a meal, a snack, a hug, a prayer, a crib, anything at all I want you to know that God has used you in such a mighty way. Your willingness to come to know our baby pickle and her mommy has meant so very much to me. I love you guys and I thank God for you each and every time you come to mind.

I know that our time here in Omaha is not over forever. We will have a lifetime of care here for our little Ashley. She still has obstacles to overcome, but just knowing that I have a network of friends to come back to makes the future seem so much more "doable" to me.

I am going to close for now because I still have some more packing to do, but just know that once I make it somewhere tomorrow evening I will let you know that we are safe and sound. I appreciate your excitement and your faithfulness to us. Goodnight from Omaha. Trish

11 Comments:

At 10:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard to believe your coming home ...Oh...I am in AWE of GOD. So many unexpected turns....so much has happened & the times we thought HE might take her home to HIM. Now, (no surprise to HIM)...she is coming home to Texas & we can't wait for her to get here. Praise the LORD!! Praying for her immune system....for safe travels....for your rest in the midst of packing & being excited....& for Dave as he is doing so much with the biz...the remodel....the kids.... Thank you GOD for meeting the needs of this family....You are EVERYTHING!!!! How can anyone question YOU ....you are the goodness in people....the helping hands....this child ...I see you in her.....& in this family.....Thank YOU Jesus.... keep them safe & Ash well ...as they travel. Amen.. S.S. In TX. (=

 
At 10:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Godspeed to you and yours. Wishing you a safe trip home. Praise Jesus that you are on your way back to your family. Be safe Trish, praying for you.

 
At 11:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still in such disbelief. It's hard to grasp it all when it is moving so fast, and yet it is precisely the answer to a million prayers. God definately is GOOD. He is ALL goodness in this world. I am in awe of how He guides the ride in every way. A slow climb here, a turn there, and now the fast drop that takes away your tummy and gives you that thrill! Please PLEASE be safe on the way. If for any reason you can't go all the way to Dallas and Ashley can't be with the other kids, let us know. We have plenty of space!

 
At 11:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. I'm sure your not looking forward to the long drive, but with the treasures you have waiting at the other end, the time and the miles will fly by.
Prayers for Miss Ashley Kate to be lulled into mile after mile of blissful sleep and for Mommy to mile after mile of easy travel.
God grant you safe and swift return to your family.

 
At 11:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD for He is good. "This is the day the Lord has made and we will rejoice in it." I just keep saying this over and over with a smile on my face and a song in my heart. What an Awesome God we serve. His goodness shines brightly over all His people. Well, I could go on and on and on with praising Him.

Thank You Father above for hearing our prayers, for Ashley's healing process, for Trish and Bobbie on their journey back home. This is for real~~~WOW~~~
Praying right now for restful sleep for them so that they will be alert on their trip back to Texas.

 
At 12:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish and Ashley,
I know it is exciting and probably a little frightening to be leaving Omaha and returning to Longview. But it is all in HIS plan and all of us here in Longview are glad that you and Ash are returning to us...we can't wait until you get home safe and sound, surrounded by Dave, Blake and Allie. We love you and that little pickle more than you could possibly imagine. WELCOME HOME GIRLS.
Jamie

 
At 5:43 AM , Blogger Carey said...

I am so excited for you and your family. I pray for a safe and healthy trip home, take your time and be careful. I pray that things are ready for you and Ashley when you get home.

 
At 7:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear that you are at home! Have a safe trip! Prayers always! ~Chandria~

 
At 8:08 AM , Blogger Paige said...

Oh, sweet Jesus! Thank you! Thank you for bringing Ashley this far! She is so amazing. Thank you for the grace and mercy that you have given to Trish, Dave, Alli and Blake. This road that you have chosen for them is so bumpy. They have clung to each other and to You through it all. Each one has made sacrifices of love for this to work. Bless them!

Lord, Trish is an amazing woman. She loves you, worships you in the darkest of hours, and encourages when she should be the one being encouraged. She is the extraordinary among women. Thank you, Lord, for introducing me to her even if only through the screen of my computer.

God, I pray for Dave and all of those who are working so hard to get the bathrooms done. Protect them in their work.

For the Blake and Allison, bless them for their sacrifice of time with their mother. That is huge, Lord! Children who gave willingly for the love of their sister.

Bless Trish, her mom and Ashley as they travel to Dallas. Keep their tavels, keep their cars running and keep the drivers alert and Ashley to be comfortable with traveling.

Thank you, God! Thank you for answered prayer! So many times I feared that this day would not happen, but you heard our prayers. Our faith has been built.

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger Krista said...

PRaise God for answered Prayers. I am Praying for safe travels and for a smooth ride home to Dallas. God is with you and He will lead the way! I am so excited for you and Ashley and I know Dave and the kiddos are ready for you to be home where you belong. God knows Ashley should be surrounded by her family in order for her to come through this chemo! Thank You GOD is all I keep saying.

 
At 11:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Have a very safe trip back to TX! (What happened to still being in Omaha when I got back? Sheesh!) :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home