Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/15/2007

The Verdict Is...

We have been pardoned! Our sentence has been served(for now). We have the official word that says, "Go on Home". Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Only one problem, I don't know how to get there. Where is Texas from Nebraska?

As long as Ash stays virus and infection and rejection free then we don't need to return until the first week of July when we have completed our chemotherapy. I know that may sound impossible, but I thought that going home this week was impossible too. Guess what? God had plans, and I believe that He can help keep Ash "healthy"( I know that she will never have actual health, but I'm talking transplant patient healthy). God has done, is doing, and will do big things in Ashley's life and I am just along for the ride cause I get to be her mommy. Lucky me!

So now we need to figure out when to leave, how to get out of here, and where to put all of our stuff. I think we will drive as far as Dallas, then stay over till our chemo treatment on Monday and hopefully our GI team will be able to see us too while we are there. If not then we will have to see them the following week before or after chemo. We will be so very busy running back and forth between doctors, but I would rather run back and forth across the state of Texas as opposed to running back and forth across the halls of the PICU. (although I did appreciate the hospitality!)

As I think about our initial time spent here in Omaha I become overwhelmed with emotion. God has brought many, many dear friends into my life during this time. They came in the form of surgeons, doctors, nurses( who I will absolutely miss), other parents, patients, and readers of Ashley's story. I love these people that I have gotten to know over the last 5 and 1/2 months. I am really going to miss them, but I know that we will see them again as we return for our appointments. I am so thankful for the time we spent here. I know that may sound crazy, but I am a better person because of those I have met along the way. May God bless each one of you.

Ashley's white count has not dropped yet and so we need to begin our journey home as soon as possible while she is still at a safe level. It could drop at any time from Monday's treatment. First we have to pack. Then we have to find a map. Then we have to drive, and drive, and drive until we reach familiar territory. Please remember to pray for our Ashley as she travels to new places and comes in contact with new environments and germs. I am praying His protection over her little body. I can't believe we are actually trying to figure out how to get back home!

Thanks guys for all you do for us. I owe you all so very much and I have no idea how to repay you for loving us and for praying for us. I can't wait to start loading the car! I will catch up with you guys later on tonight. God Bless. Trish

24 Comments:

At 3:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Trish,
this is so AWESOME! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Melanie

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger Anne said...

I have been reading Ashley's Story for quite some time now, and I haven't ever left a comment. I have kept you all in my prayers, and I just had to say a big YEAH! when I read your post today! God is so big, and so mighty, and so amazing, and most of all, so in control! Praise Him! So from West Texas...Yee-Haw!

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

I bet it won't take you long to pack things up because I know how excited you must be to be on your way home to Texas. Will you have anyone driving with you along the way, or is it just the two of you? Praying that God will watch over you as you travel and that he will continue to protect Ashley from infections!

 
At 4:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)
:)
:)
:)
(can't stop smiling!!)
Praying for you, always!

 
At 4:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are REJOICING with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

YEE HAW! I am so excited!!!!! How amazing!! :)

 
At 4:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news! Praise God! Praying for Ash to keep healthy as you travel! ~Chandria~

 
At 4:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!! so excited to see how God has worked this week so Ashley can go home. praying, praying, praying that she will be protected from all the new environments she will encounter.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

praying in nc!

 
At 4:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray! I'm so glad this is happening. I know you will be on the road as quick as you can. I guess that means you have a car there?
Do you want anyone else in the car? I complete stranger? I can get myself or anyone of your choosing on standby in a minutes notice. They can drive with you - let you take turns getting out (so Ash can stay in the car).
If someone already in Omaha can drive with you, we can fly them back from Dallas!
Please don't try to drive alone. It will keep Ash safer if someone can help y'all.

Marlain (Marlain@aol.com)

 
At 4:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Trish-I am so excited for you guys! I am sure your excitement level is building knowing you will be home with all of your little ones and that precious husband! I will keep praying for no infections, viruses, or rejection to invade her body. Jesus, keep them safe as they travel! Thank you for allowing me to love this little girl and her family whom I have never met! Give them strength, peace, and comfort at this time. In Your name, Amen.

I love you guys!!!!

Shari

 
At 5:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying God'protection over you both from Alabama!

What an awesome God we serve.........glory be to his name!

So happy for you guys! Stay safe and keep us informed!

 
At 5:41 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Im so happy for you all. Im praying for safe travels.

 
At 5:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooooo happy for you all!!!! Thank you God! Drive safely and enjoy being able to count down the miles that are between you and your little house.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

traditional gaelic blessing

 
At 6:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

seeing the words, "ashley can go home" are payment enough


we will miss you and we will continue to pray for the gherkin and her entire family...

may God bless your travels and the journey he has in store for you

thank you, once again, for sharing your daughter's life with us

 
At 6:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praises! Praises! Praises!
Our God is so good and He is always right on time! We are praying for the safe journey.

 
At 6:37 PM , Blogger Aunt Boo said...

I am so excited to hear that you are going home. I know Blake and Allie are so excited too.

I hope that you continue to post so that we can follow her progress.

Love,

Amanda

 
At 7:02 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Wonderful, wonderful news! God is AMAZING! :)

 
At 7:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! God is good! We are so happy for all of you. We will continue to pray for you daily.

As my husband was pulling in the driveway, I ran out to tell him your good news! This news puts a smile on our faces.

God bless,
Lori

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Paige said...

What a wonderful God we serve! Home...such a sweet place! I cannot wait till your post are from the comforts of home. Our prayers will go with you for safe, germ free travel. Love and hugs!

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Sandy said...

Trish,

I have been following Ashley's story for alittle while now and have only commented a time or two before. But today I just HAD to comment to tell you how happy I am that you and Ashley finally get to go back home!! I will say a prayer that you have a very happy and safe trip back home to your family! Ashley is a little doll baby!!!

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Praise GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! How great Thou art! I am soooo excited for you. Let me know if you need a helping hand to pack up or map out your way home (although I think that at this point you would find your way home - any way!) LOL It is fun to feel the excitement of what lies ahead of you. May God bless you in your travels and give you and Ashley complete health, safety, and travel mercies. You will forever be in our hearts and our prayers. Lou Ann

 
At 9:48 PM , Blogger Karen said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you guys!!! If you drove through our town on your way home, I'd make signs and stand along the side of the road as you drove through saying "Welcome back to Texas!!!" But West Texas is a bit out of the way to travel from Omaha to Longview, so I guess I can't do that. Happy packing, and safe travels! Love and blessings, Karen

 
At 9:59 PM , Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, what exciting news! I'm so happy that you get to take Ashley home! Blessings to your family!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home